Fly Swap March 2017

GaryD

Reaction score
We now have the required 10 for the March 2017 swap, as listed below.

Theme is low-water/summer patterns, on tubes or hooks. Ideally would like all entries posted to me by second week in April, meaning I have the weekend after I return from 2 weeks of sun, sea, sand and cerveza to sort out and post back. Please remember and enclose a SAE!!

Gary

This month's star-studded selection of tyers is:

jockiescott
gwelsher
canewizard
deanevans
faughanpurple
grassyknollington
sawyer
slaneybs
garyd
billy fish

Last edited:

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Aye why not.

I'll have to see if I can come up with something that doesn't give away too many of my summer secrets. ;) :p

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
I'm in.

Picture the scene in 5 weeks time. It's 0100 and the youngest is woken up by my cries as I catch my finger on a hook for the 100th time and realise I forgot to tie the wing in before varnishing the head on fly No 5, Nooooooooo!!

And they say Nurses have it tough.:)

Jockiescott

Reaction score
I'm in.

Picture the scene in 5 weeks time. It's 0100 and the youngest is woken up by my cries as I catch my finger on a hook for the 100th time and realise I forgot to tie the wing in before varnishing the head on fly No 5, Nooooooooo!!

And they say Nurses have it tough.:)

Hahaha!!!! With me it's usually the scissors, bobbin holder or whatever else comes to hand bouncing of the back wall of the shed in a fit of rage for forgetting something after I thought the fly was finished!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Glad it's not just me! ;)

Piker20

Reaction score
I'd love to say yes but may be in the middle of a house move so give me a week and if you've not filled it I will confirm yah or nay.

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
I'll go again but i don't really fish salmon flies in low water so you'll end up with a bunch of trout flies. If that's ok with you guys. I'm game!

GaryD

Reaction score
That's 5, possibly 6, already, so hopefully have the full 10 fairly quickly.
And JS and GK, know exactly what you're on about, trying to get 10 flees all the same is the reason I'm buying caffeine shampoo :p

Slaneybs

Reaction score
Gary
Please count me in as well.
Will have to think hard as I find that a bibio on the dropper probably does most damage in a summer flood but it probably wouldnt pass muster on such an exalted platform as this.
Brian

deanevans

Reaction score
Would love to take part but my lack of confidence is telling me my tying is not good enough as I've seen a lot of good fly tyers on here that I would not like to offend with my offerings to the salmon gods thanks dean

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Slaneybs

Reaction score
Would love to take part but my lack of confidence is telling me my tying is not good enough as I've seen a lot of good fly tyers on here that I would not like to offend with my offerings to the salmon gods thanks dean

Why not try something simple?

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Getting involved in the swaps was the best thing I ever did for my tying. Tying 10 flies and trying to keep them identical was, and still is, a big challenge but it definately helped me to no end.

You'll be more than welcome and hopefully it helps build your confidence as well as your fly tying knowledge. :)

Piker20

Reaction score
Deanevans, as long as you're trying your best that's all most swaps I've seen look for. As jockiescott says it will really bring your tying on by joining swaps.

deanevans

Reaction score
Getting involved in the swaps was the best thing I ever did for my tying. Tying 10 flies and trying to keep them identical was, and still is, a big challenge but it definately helped me to no end.

You'll be more than welcome and hopefully it helps build your confidence as well as your fly tying knowledge. :)
Thank you jockiescott sounds good advice

GaryD

Reaction score
That's 8 now, big welcome to Dean the newbie! Agree 100% with earlier comments, tying 10 of the same fly really does bring your tying on leaps and bounds and you'll notice the difference, know I did, and still learning with every one. Stick with something simple but effective and you won't go far wrong. Glad to have you join in :cool:

Canewizard

Reaction score
I'm down for it. Good theme for me too, coz I'm forced to keep it simple ;)
Will tie something along those lines
IMG_20170303_173551651_HDR.jpg

Cheers