Fly Swap February 2016

Jockiescott

Reaction score
I finally got the flies done for the swap.

A silver bodied variant of the KS Shrimp and a Flamethrower based on the colours of Winter's Hope.

I'll get them in the post the first chance I get.

billy fish

Reaction score
Fly swap

Finished, should be in the post tomorrow.

image.jpg

Tied on slipstream tube using black/yellow combo for early season.
Essentially a "monkey" , very useful anywhere .
Colin.

image.jpg

Last edited:

billy fish

Reaction score
Swap address

Can someone let me know the details of the swap procedure, e.g. Postal cost on return envelope,address to send to . Any other info.
I have looked at the thread but can't find the detail.
Colin.

GaryD

Reaction score
Can someone let me know the details of the swap procedure, e.g. Postal cost on return envelope,address to send to . Any other info.
I have looked at the thread but can't find the detail.
Colin.

Colin, been away for a few days and missed your message, have pm'd you my address and if you include an SAE for return that woukd be ideal
Gary

GaryD

Reaction score
Apologies for delay, been working away and just got back tonight to find all the flies have now arrived (you'd think my better half would have mentioned their arrival :mad:).
Will get them sorted out over weekend and sent back, might even give them a swim on Saturday if I manage to get out :)

GaryD

Reaction score
Profuse apologies, been working away and not been home for 3 f#ckin weeks on a contract meant to last 7 days! With this and wife going mental forgot all about swap. Sorted now and posting tomorrow, please accept my apologies for delay.
Gary

edmaudling

Reaction score
Glad you are O.K.

No problem about the flies just kind of concerned that you had fallen off a cliff or something, glad to hear it was only the dreaded work

GaryD

Reaction score
Falling off a cliff would have been less painful than fitting out portacabins in the middle of nowhere for 22 days solid, and sleeping in said cabins with no heating for first 10 days on a camp bed. Who'd be a floorlayer? Still, worth it in the end, my invoice reflected my discomfort :p

Jockiescott

Reaction score
My set of flies have just been delivered! :D

Well worth the wait. I'll get a photo of the group of flies when I get the chance.

Thanks again to all who took part and to GaryD for organising.