Fly Pattern wanted ... The Julie

Mayfly20

Reaction score
Heading off to fish the Farrar next September and suggestions have been made that the ‘Julie’ would be a good choice of fly at that time of year?
Any members have a pattern for this fly please, and/or sugggestions for other flies to use?

tawsalmon

Reaction score
Julie

This might be what your're after. I've no experience of it so know nothing further about its provenance but it seems to be recognised as a salmon and trout streamer pattern across the pond.

Redirect Notice

Good luck with the search

Piker20

Reaction score
Based on that I'd be to tempted to use a needle tube fly with floss body. Or a sunray with yellow white black wing

Reaction score
I think you are looking for the Juliet: see the Culligran entry on the FishBeauly website Fishery Descriptions. No dressing given, I'm afraid, but if you are fishing at Culligran they will presumably let you have it.

Hemmy

Reaction score
Look at thread Where eagles and salmon dare started by Editor in July 2016

Sorry don't know how to post link

This is an article on fishing the Farrar and has a photo of the fly etc

Last edited:

Mayfly20

Reaction score
I think you are looking for the Juliet: see the Culligran entry on the FishBeauly website Fishery Descriptions. No dressing given, I'm afraid, but if you are fishing at Culligran they will presumably let you have it.

Yes, many thanks. It is the Juliet pattern that I was after. Thanks for the info.