fly line help

silverbullet

Reaction score
hi everyone im looking help to identify lines and tips ive recently purchased as im new to fly fishing im unsure what i have and know yous goods folks on here will help me out sorry if ive posted in wrong section admin can remove
ill try and upload pictures shortly

after abit off sorting out not the way arrived in post

the only thing seller could tell me was some off them are 9/10 wt place green is airflo rage compact 510 and ive got the rio line on its proper spool (some lines came on reels )

any help would be much appreciate thanks liam

mc andy

Reaction score
Last picture looks like it might be an angling active 9/10# spey line. They are certainly that colour.

The two pictures above are 15 tips for your skagit.

Yellow one is 3" per second sink
Grey is6 " per second

Full Yellow tip might be a floating tip for skagit or multitip line possibly.

silverbullet

Reaction score
thanks mcandy i was unsure what i had for got i bought the rio scandi myself but received fly reels and tips and line from ebay would them tips be for the airflo rages pale green line i got on reel

this is way it came in post tips where in wallet

Rennie

Reaction score
Silverbullet,as far as I can tell you have two Rio 15ft multi tips in 11 weight(the three black bars indicate they're 11 weight tips), a type 3 sinker and type 6 sinker as McAndy suggests, the Grey and Yellow lines(well bits of lines!) are as far as I can tell 15ft Rio Compensator sections in Yellow(floating) and Intermediate type 2(grey sinking),these two bits along with the tips are part of a Rio Multi Tip lines kit, you can tell this because those sections are as near as dam parallel and meant to interchange when you want to fish deeper, they go between the 15ft tip and the main body of the line.Now to me it looks like you don't have the main body of that line!.
Hazzarding a guess that the tips and the compensator sections have been used on the Rio Skagit line(the tips deffo. will have).
The Green line should have the lines details printed near the loops on the front or the back if it indeed is a Airflo Rage,it looks like a slightly Pinkish loop on the front end which matches the one on my 510 Rage perfectly(they're colour coded loops on the Rage).
Sorry but don't know about the Blue/Orange line.
The Skagit and floating line are self explanatory both 9/10.
Best of luck,Pedro.