Fly fishing in iceland

Pati

Reaction score
Taking a beginner to the ION beat.. feels like casting pearls before swines...

Rennie

Reaction score
Basically, the producers have to sell such programs to the non angling public and even though not one of the big 5 Chanel's, it was still Prime Time. If the viewing figures drop and the advertising revenue falls, the programs will get axed,so there's a balance to be achieved.
Sadly the programs will never be what we the Anglers want 100%.Suppose we should be thankful we get a program on terrestrial TV at prime time!, makes a change from Saturday mornings and late nights, or sandwiched between endless repeats on Cable or Satellite TV..
Pedro.

Loxie

Reaction score
I thought it was strange that Robson couldn’t cast a single hander very well and said he was new to fly fishing when he’s an accomplished salmon fly angler.
Enjoyed the program though.
I like Robson. I would like his job even better though
The standard of fishing was poor, even by the standards of YouTube wannabes.

Oscar

Reaction score
I thought it was strange that Robson couldn’t cast a single hander very well and said he was new to fly fishing when he’s an accomplished salmon fly angler.
Enjoyed the program though.
I like Robson. I would like his job even better though
That's what I thought - he's been fly fishing for years as I understood it, rather than being introduced to it by 'Jim' (who is he by the way, never heard of him!).

And 3 weeks to catch 1 salmon and return it, in Iceland in peak season?! Come on!!

An enjoyable watch - certianly better than the normal rubbish on.

Oscar.

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
That's what I thought - he's been fly fishing for years as I understood it, rather than being introduced to it by 'Jim' (who is he by the way, never heard of him!).

And 3 weeks to catch 1 salmon and return it, in Iceland in peak season?! Come on!!

Oscar.
Yup I thought Jim was a bit of a pap. When he managed to catch that sea trout about 3lb you would of thought it was a 30lber the way he carried on.
I would of told him to f ing net it himself if he spoke to me like that!!

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score

Oscar.
Also WTF was Jim back casting in a big open space like that with no trees or anything else to snag your back cast on??
Yup Jim is a Pap!!

Greegs

Reaction score
For the money Robsons got you’d think he would have paid for casting lessons after all this time.

To be fair to him he says he’s not a great caster but with the amount of fishing he does he should surely be a lot better than what he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlanT

Reaction score
Nice as it is to have a fishing program on TV I thought the high drone shots were awful. I want wild spaces, solitude, intense fishing, not shots of the camera crew hanging about waiting for a fish to be caught. Could have been filmed so much better.
Robson and Jim had odd chemistry between them and getting tired of all these programs with sob stories. Every series he makes ends up being about him.

Elibank

Reaction score
I’m beginning to think Robson’s losing it altogether, we haven’t seen him stab a pike in the head through the ice for some time now…

Oscar

Reaction score
Nice as it is to have a fishing program on TV I thought the high drone shots were awful. I want wild spaces, solitude, intense fishing, not shots of the camera crew hanging about waiting for a fish to be caught. Could have been filmed so much better.
Robson and Jim had odd chemistry between them and getting tired of all these programs with sob stories. Every series he makes ends up being about him.
Agree with that - seems you can't have any programme without a heart-string-pulling back story any more.

Just show me the fishing!!

Oscar.

Elibank

Reaction score
It seems that some angling authors want to make every article autobiographical, trouble is, when you’ve heard their life story once you know what the next article will be about…..no names etc..

Elibank

Reaction score
This would have been an invaluable guide book for visitors to Iceland in 1907..

1B28C883-40B4-4DC8-AF66-EFA3056B8357.jpeg
87EB4A36-584F-4B5A-ACA2-6D2F6CA0AE35.jpeg
4F2B91EC-CB35-46DB-B31D-B75DE431F25B.jpeg