Fly Boxes

Rutlander

Reaction score
What are people using for fly storage? Particularly of dressed flies? I'm trying to decide whether a large central box in the tackle bag (left in the car) and picking out a small selection to keep in the chest pocket of my waders at the beginning of the day is a better solution than a number of smaller (Wheatley type) boxes.

SnapT14

Reaction score
What are people using for fly storage? Particularly of dressed flies? I'm trying to decide whether a large central box in the tackle bag (left in the car) and picking out a small selection to keep in the chest pocket of my waders at the beginning of the day is a better solution than a number of smaller (Wheatley type) boxes.
In my case, about 25,000 donor boxes in the car and a small box in my pocket containing about 10 flies. The moral of the story is that the other 25,000 boxes are useless and don't get used ?

barbonboy

Reaction score
In my case, about 25,000 donor boxes in the car and a small box in my pocket containing about 10 flies. The moral of the story is that the other 25,000 boxes are useless and don't get used ?
I think there are a few of us like that.??.

Rrrr

Reaction score
I have about 5 big boxes and then 2 small foam pocket boxes that fit in a shirt pocket. I just take the flys i may need to suit the contnditions.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Rutlander

Reaction score
Thanks all. That's made my mind up. I'll begin transferring the bulk to a large foam lined box today!

noeyedeer

Reaction score
Donor box, I use an A4 Tuff box, you can "file" several together in a tackle/bank bag

Tuff Box A4

or

Lined with A4 craft foam (Though I'd like to find a supplier of pre-slotted fly storage foam to fit!)

Foam A4
(You can buy single sheets)

MCXFisher

Reaction score
I have just 4 boxes, comprising:

2 pocket boxes 6" x 4", of which I carry one as appropriate
'Low Water'​
'High Water'​
1 little C&F tube box in my pocket

1 reserve tube box 6" x 4" in the car stowage

That's all. You can tell I don't tie my own flies ?

SnapT14

Reaction score
Arnold on his way to his favorite beat for a days fishing..... ?

20201020_180155.jpg

Lamson v10

Reaction score
You'd need a pretty big van at that Arnold, twin axles probably to take the weight of all your WG tubes...

Yeh I'll need to upgrade from my wee black berlingo van, it's sitting like there's 3 fad bird's in the back ??

Rutlander

Reaction score
Donor box, I use an A4 Tuff box, you can "file" several together in a tackle/bank bag

Tuff Box A4

or

Lined with A4 craft foam (Though I'd like to find a supplier of pre-slotted fly storage foam to fit!)

Foam A4
(You can buy single sheets)
Yes, i use these for my reservoir trout flies but I keep them in a Stanley Wheeled tool box. Possibly the way to go with my salmon flies too.