Flamethrower

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Fresh off the vice, hackle length for me could have been a little better but I suppose the fish won't notice ๐ŸŽฃ I can't seem to find any rhythm at the vice at the moment ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

_20200804_223623.JPG

Silver wire tag
Silver holographic tinsel
Silver wire rib
Yellow cock hackle
Yellow bucktail
3 strands of micro pearl flash
Black floss
Micro oval silver rib
Red cock hackle
Blue cock hackle
Junglecock
Fine opal mirage head

wormo

Reaction score
Fresh off the vice, hackle length for me could have been a little better but I suppose the fish won't notice ๐ŸŽฃ I can't seem to find any rhythm at the vice at the moment ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

View attachment 48342

Silver wire tag
Silver holographic tinsel
Silver wire rib
Yellow cock hackle
Yellow bucktail
3 strands of micro pearl flash
Black floss
Micro oval silver rib
Red cock hackle
Blue cock hackle
Junglecock
Fine opal mirage head
very nice ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Lamson v10

Reaction score
If mine turned out like that when I felt out of rhythm I'd be more than content!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Cheers jockiescott ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป I almost never seem to be happy seem happy with my fly's at the moment ๐Ÿ˜ต I sit at the vice tie one and I'm either not happy with it or I get fed up

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
I can't seem to find any rhythm at the vice at the moment ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Aye, it really shows in that fly Lamson:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

No way that could be tidier imo. Very very good tying IMHO.

TAG190589

Reaction score
Very nice Lamson, love the head on this fly. I always find that is the most frustrating part and hence hardly ever add the mirage. Do you add any glue before winding the tinels over the head or is is whip finished?

I think i'll give one of these a go this evening (y)(y)(y)

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Cheers jockiescott ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป I almost never seem to be happy seem happy with my fly's at the moment ๐Ÿ˜ต I sit at the vice tie one and I'm either not happy with it or I get fed up
This was the very reason I never took to selling flies. I love tying, when I want to.

I could go a week or a month and never look at the vise. But when I get the bug again, I'll still probably only tie one or two per day.

When my interest goes, its in an instant. I've seen an Irish shrimp sitting in my vice for a month with a middle hackle tied in, not even wound, as my interest went there and then. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Take a break from it. If you're like me, someone will put something on the forum someday to Stoke your interest again. ๐Ÿ™‚

As we say here, "don't scunner yourself with it.". In other words, don't be sickening yourself! ๐Ÿ‘