Fishing with Antti Guttorm

Piker20

Reaction score
As someone who is sold on the benefit of free swinging hook with tube flies I was interested to see @ 23:05 how he uses a loop knot.
Any clever folk on here doing similar? Does it only benefit feeler type flies or does it remain tangle free with longer soft winged tubes too?

G

guest2938

That was a great 30 mins viewing that, very skilled angler and it must be great honing your skills over plenty fish. Not sure i would have been running down through some of that fast rushy water like, he deserved a dunking, dangerous stuff.

thanks for sharing

DCH

Balder

Reaction score
Anyone got the pattern for the Ake fly he was using - the small double which took the two large fish? I believe it is used a lot in the Tana river.

SpeyJon

Reaction score
AKE fly

Anyone got the pattern for the Ake fly he was using - the small double which took the two large fish? I believe it is used a lot in the Tana river.

I have the pattern. PM me your email and i'll send it to you.

jcmj

Reaction score
Antti Guttorm

The fly that he had the last fish on looked to be tied with the dressing in front of the cone? Has anyone reading this tried that style of tying in Scottish Rivers?

firefly

Reaction score
Antti is in the zone, Vision has a gem in its ranks with this guy, born beside his salmon. The knowledge he shares is vast but subtly hidden in every word he says, the clear line thing being one example. He was on Lakselv two months behind me (sorry, Antti, for giving it away),I landed a sealiced 20 from the other bank and lost a monster. He wouldn't have waded in from his bank when I was there, but he knows his rivers so well. Pity we didn't meet. He would have caught the monster.

Last edited:

gob

Reaction score
Totally agree, brings life to a fishing movie and is generous with information.
Gob