Fishing 28th at earliest

tealblue

Reaction score
BBC reported that Thursday will be the day that Nicola's ROUTE MAP out of this pandemic will announced. It also stated that this will take effect 10 days from Thursday so that takes us to 28th of month before there will be any real end to lock down.

Phase one will allow more outdoor activity, meeting other people outside your household, golf and fishing,and visiting a garden centre.

glenelg100

Reaction score
I’m thinking book something for a week on Friday, am I jumping the gun

Last edited:

Invermarnoch

Reaction score
She has just said that she would envisage starting the first phase of lifting lockdown for golf and fishing from 28th May provided social distancing is maintained. She will set out her route map to that end on Thursday. See today's BBC Scotland press briefing.

Reaction score
Good news for you guys, I'm looking forward to when I can get to Scotland? Finally the good thing is that my wife has not yet started my fishing budget by going to Bruar this year

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Good news for you guys, I'm looking forward to when I can get to Scotland? Finally the good thing is that my wife has not yet started my fishing budget by going to Bruar this year
I don’t fancy your chances this season mate. They are on about a 2 week quarantine for anyone entering the uk. That’s when they finally let people in. By then the season will be over.

HOWKEMOOT

Reaction score
Fingers crossed there won't be a distance limitation, no word of accommodation either.
Here's hoping.
Some good water at present.

M

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Said she was reviewing it on 28th and over the next few days that fishing/golfing would be allowed so Friday 29th and Saturday 30th should be good. Fingers crossed

westie4566

Reaction score
This isn't about angling, it's about Scot Gov trying to make themselves 'look' clever.

Despite England. Wales and N Ireland deciding that fishing is safe now (not that it ever wasn't), nah, they just have to be different.

The SNP hates anything to do with field sports. and boy are they showing that now. They do seem to have forgotten how many anglers (of all flavours) there are in Scotland and I guess that may come back to bite them in the bahookie at the ballot box.

I concur re travelling etc, but at least get opened up at a local level now!

Prefab Trout

Reaction score
This isn't about angling, it's about Scot Gov trying to make themselves 'look' clever.

Despite England. Wales and N Ireland deciding that fishing is safe now (not that it ever wasn't), nah, they just have to be different.

The SNP hates anything to do with field sports. and boy are they showing that now. They do seem to have forgotten how many anglers (of all flavours) there are in Scotland and I guess that may come back to bite them in the bahookie at the ballot box.

I concur re travelling etc, but at least get opened up at a local level now!
They dont have to try too hard when you look at the competition. Apart from raging old 'Da's, nobody will give a **** about an extra week come Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

K MacC

Reaction score
I would imagine that there will be a sting in the tail on the 28th. As for hotels and b&b this will be a long way off. What she wont do is make a free for all and allow unrestricted travel. Keeping the restrictions will give her 10 days to look at what the impact is on English infection rates. She is many things but being stupid is not one of them!

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I would imagine that there will be a sting in the tail on the 28th. As for hotels and b&b this will be a long way off. What she wont do is make a free for all and allow unrestricted travel. Keeping the restrictions will give her 10 days to look at what the impact is on English infection rates. She is many things but being stupid is not one of them!
OH that's right the wee rat's not stupid 🙄🙄

_20200519_072734.JPG

K MacC

Reaction score
On the TV news this morning there was over 39000 people have died in England and Wales with covid19 on their death certificate Scotland has another 3000 + deaths. So in mainland UK there has been over 42000 deaths reported and some of you guys are criticizing the Scottish government for not letting you jump in your car and go fishing! Bloody hell shame on you it's you hobby not life or death if you are really concerned if you had a days fishing booked contact the ghillie / keeper and send him the money you would have spent so he has some money in his pocket.
Some of you will be saying it's safer to go fishing than going to the supermarket. The supermarket is for esencial food not a past time!
There's no risk going to the river we self isolate. The risk is the non essential travel!
Once you open up non essential travel all the idiots will jump in there cars and risk spreading the virus to our rural population where most of our fishing is.
For the health of our population I feel that a full contact and trace system must be set up, the viral infectious rate must be under control with fewer deaths occurring.
Stay safe everyone.