Fisb that frustrate you

Stuart1108

Reaction score
been trying for over a week to catch a salmon its sitting in a deep hole close to a log that has washed down i hav tried every spinner in my box twice over the fly and the worm thing won't hit me but does have the audacity to jump and let me know its still thair lol had a couple of sea trout while trying to get it so not that bad but still annoying when you know its lie lol

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I had that for three days last week ?. Tryed wee fly's, bigger fly's, hitch fly's and bugs, sometimes the fish just win ?

budge

Reaction score
That's what usually makes me late for my tea a float fished shrimp used to do the trick when I fished them. Just fish fly now so I don't have that option. A whiskery Francis is my go to fly nowadays for a stubborn fish.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Rrrr

Reaction score
Been happening on the coquet for months now. Loads of seatrout and salmon held up and will follow just not take. Gets to the point where they see the lure or fly coming and bolt out of the way

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

spawny

Reaction score
been trying for over a week to catch a salmon its sitting in a deep hole close to a log that has washed down i hav tried every spinner in my box twice over the fly and the worm thing won't hit me but does have the audacity to jump and let me know its still thair lol had a couple of sea trout while trying to get it so not that bad but still annoying when you know its lie lol
A large tungsten snaelda cast upstream to hit the bottom 3 feet upstream of its lie and then lift the fly up quite quickly. Has worked for me a couple of times.

Wee-Eck

Reaction score
I used to fish with an old worm fisherman Jock Adam on the Kirriemuir water of the South Esk in the late sixties. He would stand at the same spot casting his worm to a lying salmon for hours and bouncing it off its nose. He used to say that if the fish did not move on after 10 minutes of that it would eventually take his worm. He used to catch an awful lot of salmon.