Finally!

Soundmixer

Reaction score
After what I can only describe as a very frustrating and fishless year I finally came up with the goods last Friday. This year I have fished the Deveron, the South Esk, the Dee, the Upper Beauly and Ness Side all without any luck. Some of those days were waterless and some were too sunny and bright, some had lots of fish in a non-taking mood and some had no fish at all. However, as in most things in life, perseverance and hard work gets results.
I was back on Ness Side on Friday for a second visit and struck silver, not once but twice. The first one, 5lb, got out of my hands before we could get a photo but the second one played ball.

P8190012.jpg
8lbs of summer Ness salmon

P8190015.jpg
And a very happy and relieved me!
Both came to a #8 Stoats Tail fished on a 15' leader on a Mackenzie inter tipped shooting head on my Greys XF2S 14 footer. What a lovely combo on a really classic fly water.
Must see if I can get back on again before the end of the season.:cool:

Euan

zebraness

Reaction score
After what I can only describe as a very frustrating and fishless year I finally came up with the goods last Friday. This year I have fished the Deveron, the South Esk, the Dee, the Upper Beauly and Ness Side all without any luck. Some of those days were waterless and some were too sunny and bright, some had lots of fish in a non-taking mood and some had no fish at all. However, as in most things in life, perseverance and hard work gets results.
I was back on Ness Side on Friday for a second visit and struck silver, not once but twice. The first one, 5lb, got out of my hands before we could get a photo but the second one played ball.

View attachment 13834
8lbs of summer Ness salmon

View attachment 13833
And a very happy and relieved me!
Both came to a #8 Stoats Tail fished on a 15' leader on a Mackenzie inter tipped shooting head on my Greys XF2S 14 footer. What a lovely combo on a really classic fly water.
Must see if I can get back on again before the end of the season.:cool:

Euan

Nice one bud, great to see the Ness on the up - plenty availability still out there + if the water stays this back end its going to be very interesting.

Looks like "the Bay" above the Gauge pool ??
Cracking spot to intercept a runner:D
Zn

Soundmixer

Reaction score
Nice one bud, great to see the Ness on the up - plenty availability still out there + if the water stays this back end its going to be very interesting.

Looks like "the Bay" above the Gauge pool ??
Cracking spot to intercept a runner:D
Zn

Close! First one from the top of the Run and the second from the bottom of the Run. I could see the first one heading and tailing up the pool from as far down as the Bay.
There were a lot of fish moving through from what I can only think was the early tide around 06.00. I reckon they rested and then got to me.
All very exciting!

Euan

zebraness

Reaction score
Close! First one from the top of the Run and the second from the bottom of the Run. I could see the first one heading and tailing up the pool from as far down as the Bay.
There were a lot of fish moving through from what I can only think was the early tide around 06.00. I reckon they rested and then got to me.
All very exciting!

Euan

That's a great spot also when it's dropping back - always plenty flow in it and a few wee deeper bits - well done. Z.