'Fess up. Which one of you sent this letter?

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Em8ahkEXUAI1VpR.jpeg

charlieH

Reaction score
Usually terrible in films/on TV. Some actors have made the effort to learn like Brad Pitt and he subsequently took up fly fishing

When it comes to on-screen portrayals of salmon fishing , I can only imagine that the 'upstream dry Munro Killer' scene in 'Salmon Fishing in the Yemen' would have Mr Disgusted of Woking choking on his sourdough.

D

Deleted member 945

When it comes to on-screen portrayals of salmon fishing , I can only imagine that the 'upstream dry Munro Killer' scene in 'Salmon Fishing in the Yemen' would have Mr Disgusted of Woking choking on his sourdough.

Dreadful!!!

Cyclops

Sang-Froid
Reaction score
We at the Daily Scoop appreciate the time you have taken to reply, understand your frustrations
and fully take on board your points. We have reached out to HRH Prince Charles and have directed
him towards the fishing blog Just One Week. We hope that you are satisfied with our actions, and
consider the matter closed.

Yours Sincerely & Tight Lines
Editor
The Daily Scoop

morphfly

Reaction score
We at the Daily Scoop appreciate the time you have taken to reply, understand your frustrations
and fully take on board your points. We have reached out to HRH Prince Charles and have directed
him towards the fishing blog Just One Week. We hope that you are satisfied with our actions, and
consider the matter closed.

Yours Sincerely & Tight Lines
Editor
The Daily Scoop

Telegraph of course!
Morphfly

charlieH

Reaction score
Can’t do that for months: anything you catch except in the month of June will be coloured or a kelt/badggot/rawner

True, but it would be nice to have a bit more b0llocks talked about fishing topics, rather than all the non-fishing stuff which seems to be so much to the fore at present.

Chicharito

Reaction score
I shared something fishing-related that might start a positive, friendly conversation around portrayals of fishing on screen, and... nope. There's still whinging.

Cool.

Clearly you can't please all of the people all of the time!
I enjoyed your post. Pity there's so many miserable barstewards about! ?
I must admit to checking out the casting expertise when fishing is portrayed
on TV or cinema!

Last edited:

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score

Never mind the upstream Munro Killer, what about the wading straight up the middle of the river !!

If Dominic Witherow (Woking, Surrey) sees that he'll go ballistic !

lefthandup

Reaction score
I shared something fishing-related that might start a positive, friendly conversation around portrayals of fishing on screen, and... nope. There's still whinging.

Cool.
Maybe if you could participate in more on the angling topics we'd get a few more of the men to actually come away from the lounge and give their input on a subject they may know more about ! ?

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Maybe if you could participate in more on the angling topics we'd get a few more of the men to actually come away from the lounge and give their input on a subject they may know more about ! ?

• 14ft Bloke. All seasons, all sizes of river. It's the only one I could cast with. I tried an Oracle. Nope.
  • Vision Keepers. They had the best man's cut for a woman's body. Women's waders proved difficult to get hold of locally. Simms are very straight up and down. If you have a bit of a backside on you, I can therefore recommend Vision.
  • Casting lessons are essential. Getting it right from the start is quicker than correcting bad habits later.
  • Don't attempt the Tyne without a wading staff. The boulders, dear lord the boulders...
  • The outside rooms at the Battlesteads hotel are MASSIVE, dog-friendly, and have underfloor heating, so you can dry any wet gear and also lie like a starfish on the floor and restore circulation to your extremities. Maybe better for couples - if you take a non-fishing partner, there's a lot to keep him or her busy in the area while you fish.

That's about all I've got.

Last edited:

lefthandup

Reaction score
  • 14ft Bloke. All seasons, all sizes of river. It's the only one I could cast with. I tried an Oracle. Nope.
  • Vision Keepers. They had the best man's cut for a woman's body. Women's waders proved difficult to get hold of locally. Simms are very straight up and down. If you have a bit of a backside on you, I can therefore recommend Vision.
  • Casting lessons are essential. Getting it right from the start is quicker than correcting bad habits later.
  • Don't attempt the Tyne without a wading staff. The boulders, dear lord the boulders...
  • The outside rooms at the Battlesteads hotel are MASSIVE, dog-friendly, and have underfloor heating, so you can dry any wet gear and also lie like a starfish on the floor and restore circulation to your extremities. Maybe better for couples - if you take a non-fishing partner, there's a lot to keep him or her busy in the area while you fish.

I was referring to other threads....not this one ?.
And I wasn't having a dig at you either btw.....?

keirstream

Reaction score
Hehehehe.
They probably filmed me casting then edited in Chairlie.
Catastrophic describes my casting technique fairly well.:D
Guid yin Saffie and Dominic W.(y)

charlieH

Reaction score

Cool.

Presumably that comment is directed at either SOS or me. Did you even bother to look at the Youtube clip? If so perhaps you didn't watch it to the end, so failed to spot that SOS's comment was in fact a direct quotation from it. As such, I think his post was perfectly apposite. And if it was me that you were aiming at, given that I posted the clip I hardly think I can be accused of not participating in a conversation about the portrayal of fishing on screen! My second post was intended light-heartedly too - in that I was acknowledging that there's a lot of b0llocks talked about fishing topics here, as well as non-fishing ones - so my apologies if the intended humour passed you by.

Like Chicharito, I also enjoyed your original post, which is why I responded in kind. And I won't pretend that it wasn't nice to see something from you that relates - even tangentially - to actual salmon fishing! But perhaps you might do well to hold back on the thin-skinned accusations of whingeing, or you may find that they rebound on you.

lefthandup

Reaction score

Your non fishing partner could come in useful....use him as a wading staff , but that would mean having to buy two pairs of waders.

Or alternatively buy a pair you both could fit into...that's a great idea if the fishing is slow....would be quite cozy on a chilly/cold day....!
Now my imagination is beginning to run a little bit wild so I better quit whilst I'm ahead ?

Rennie

Reaction score
Now now Kierstream, when I clocked your technique across from Rome Croy, you looked pretty damn tidy and mainly being very relaxed!.
Pedro.

keirstream

Reaction score
Now now Kierstream, when I clocked your technique across from Rome Croy, you looked pretty damn tidy and mainly being very relaxed!.
Pedro.

Wisnae me.:unsure:
Probably Stevie Watt. He can throw a tungsten snaelda to Mars using only a 550 skagit.:cool:

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That video clip Fly Fishing The Yemen .................

That is very much like fishing with me here in Alaska. I often become poetic and say really meaningful things while fishing dry fly with my 15 foot Winston Derek Brown Special mounted up with the 4 1/4" Perfect.

This would be an example of me saying really deep stuff.

Last edited:

Andrew B

Reaction score

Cool.
Flipping hilarious imo. Perhaps it’s a good job the Queen mother wasn’t around to see it lol. By all accounts she could really fish when a days fishing was to be able to wield an 18ft bamboo rod ect.