Favourite outfits

Lamson v10

Reaction score
14ft vision GT4, gaelforce integrated shooting head and ultraspey Shooting head , Lamson v10

13ft 6 hardy sintrix, gaelforce integrated shooting head, Lamson v10

13ft vision mag, gaelforce integrated shooting head, Lamson litespeed lV

Looking to add to the rod's at some point this year and do have a cpl in mind

Last edited:

Wyeman

Reaction score
Loomis NRX 13ft 8/9, Hardy Marquis LWT 9/10, Rio Skagit Iflight 600g, 15ft Versitips or 10 ft T14, 9ft Leeda Profil 17lb tapered leader.

Loomis NRX 13ft 8/9, Hardy Marquis LWT 9/10, Rio Skagit Max.
600g, 15 ft Versitips, 9ft Leeda Profil 17lb tapered Leader.

Loomis NRX 13ft 8/9, Hardy Marquis LWT 9/10, Rio Skagit Max.
10ft & 6ft Rio Versitips, 9ft Leeda Profil 13lb tapered Leader

Loomis 13ft NRX a rod for all seasons!!

Reaction score
L Vision Cult 14'7 # 9 Cascapedia 10/11 Snowbee 2 D
M Vision XO 14'4 # 9 Perfect 4 1/4 Unispey
S Vision Cult 13'4 # 7 HDC 9/11 Unispey

lowforcefly

Reaction score
Bigger river...Loop Opti Power 15'...Danielsson control 9/13....Rio-Windcutter multi tip, 660 Rage, Rio-AFS

Medium river...Loop Evotec 14'...Danielsson control 7/12, H5D 9/13...570/600 Rage, Rio-AFS,
...Loop Opti Power 13'...Danielsson control 7/12, H5D 9/13....600 Rage, Rio-AFS,
Small river... Greys Gtec 12'8"....Gtec 410....Snowbee 2D, Rage 570

Hitch...Loop Evotec 10' #8....Gtec 380....Rio Grande #8 (8 &1/2ish)

Favourite: 13' Opti with 7/12 control....I know they aren't everyone's cuppa, but it suits my fishing...and I really rate the adjustable reel position...you may see the trend in the rods ?
Most productive....the Hitch set up...the 10' #8 Evotec is a superb set up, and has handled fish to 12lb with relative ease, and the 380 gtec has never given any issues...why greys discontinued them I will never understand ? I have several gtec's from 310, 350's, 380, 410's, and have never had any bother with them at all...and only upgraded to the danielssons...as was concerned about future spares, with them being discontinued... would recommend to anyone looking for a budget, backup, disc drag reel.
Most underestimated...gtec 12' 8" with the 2D... it's real fun to fish with !

End of the day...it's 'What suits you....sir !':D:D

Mel....

Last edited:

Rennie

Reaction score
As the reel thread, had to think about this one carefully.As I have several outfits, some tailored to specific venues/ methods, its hard for me personally to be exact and pick a favourite or favourites.As usually I have outfits that overlap in their usefulness as well as those specific.
The first ones easy peasy.This is the big guns!, none of this mamba pamby 15fter and a bit of a skagity tippy thing going on here.As when this outfit is in my hands it will exclusively mean I'm on Stormont waters, where men is men and my rods bigger and I can cast further and thats a nice 17lb Grilse you've got!.
So the 17ft LPXe, Marquis 3 and a variety of full length Triple D's and occasionally the Heavy Revy., tubes nowt more complicated than Black n Yello and Black n Orange. Now at the stage where 50m running lines are the sensible choice!(amnesia of course- its cost effective!).I wouldn't use this any where else, but for there its allways with excitement and expectation when the cast's start to fly out across the water.
The middle for diddle outfit?, well of all my gear this is the stuff that gets the least use.I've some nice stuff in this category and not cheap either!, but I'm going to skip it in favour of the two lower category of outfits.
13ft LPXe, pure n simple, good as it gets, coupled to my 9/10 Angel and any Guideline 8/9 head, a peach of an outfit, always better than I'll ever be, just love fishing with it.Just gets the nod over the 12ft 6 Zenith+ 8/9 Cascapedia-but only just!.
For the light weight stuff, my Airflo Nantec Switch in 6 weight , this is an amazing bit of kit coupled to my 10/11 Mastery reel and Airflo 40+ 7 weight floater, I just love fishing and casting with it.Its very much an outfit to generate a pull when its hard going in low water and still land the fish when you hook it.Love it to bits, it does make a difference to my catches.

Being honest, I could do the same thing for 16fters and 15fter's too,I could also say if it says LPXe on the butt, then thats more than good enough for me(trying for the set with a 14fter!).
At the moment what I am I suppose short of is a modern all round multi use outfit in the 13ft6/14ft mould, but as thats what I do least of its no surprise its lacking in the armoury!.
Still if I behave in lockdown, who knows!.
Yours with itchy plastic, Pedro.

Rrrr

Reaction score
As the reel thread, had to think about this one carefully.As I have several outfits, some tailored to specific venues/ methods, its hard for me personally to be exact and pick a favourite or favourites.As usually I have outfits that overlap in their usefulness as well as those specific.
The first ones easy peasy.This is the big guns!, none of this mamba pamby 15fter and a bit of a skagity tippy thing going on here.As when this outfit is in my hands it will exclusively mean I'm on Stormont waters, where men is men and my rods bigger and I can cast further and thats a nice 17lb Grilse you've got!.
So the 17ft LPXe, Marquis 3 and a variety of full length Triple D's and occasionally the Heavy Revy., tubes nowt more complicated than Black n Yello and Black n Orange. Now at the stage where 50m running lines are the sensible choice!(amnesia of course- its cost effective!).I wouldn't use this any where else, but for there its allways with excitement and expectation when the cast's start to fly out across the water.
The middle for diddle outfit?, well of all my gear this is the stuff that gets the least use.I've some nice stuff in this category and not cheap either!, but I'm going to skip it in favour of the two lower category of outfits.
13ft LPXe, pure n simple, good as it gets, coupled to my 9/10 Angel and any Guideline 8/9 head, a peach of an outfit, always better than I'll ever be, just love fishing with it.Just gets the nod over the 12ft 6 Zenith+ 8/9 Cascapedia-but only just!.
For the light weight stuff, my Airflo Nantec Switch in 6 weight , this is an amazing bit of kit coupled to my 10/11 Mastery reel and Airflo 40+ 7 weight floater, I just love fishing and casting with it.Its very much an outfit to generate a pull when its hard going in low water and still land the fish when you hook it.Love it to bits, it does make a difference to my catches.

Being honest, I could do the same thing for 16fters and 15fter's too,I could also say if it says LPXe on the butt, then thats more than good enough for me(trying for the set with a 14fter!).
At the moment what I am I suppose short of is a modern all round multi use outfit in the 13ft6/14ft mould, but as thats what I do least of its no surprise its lacking in the armoury!.
Still if I behave in lockdown, who knows!.
Yours with itchy plastic, Pedro.
Ive had to stop offering people a try of my 13ft lpxe as they usualy try and make me an offer to buy it but theres no chance

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Henke

Reaction score
My 1st choice (among a few sets..:) )

Large Rivers/high water: LTS Across II 15' / Einarsson Invictus 10/12 / LTS SCS lines-or Rio Versitip

Medium Rivers / medium water: LTS Nitro 13'6 / Danielsson H5D 9/13 / LTS SCSS or Nextcast 9/10

Smaller Rivers - LTS Nitro 12,6 / Einarsson Invictus 8/10 / LTS SCSS

Dark horse: (used when ever possible!): 13' Loomis NRX 8/9 / Bogdan 300 / many different lines...

Willow3

Reaction score
Large Rivers - Loop Power Spey 15 ft #10 with Loop Classic 10-13 Reel and Rio Skagit or Rio AFS

Medium Rivers - Sage TCX 14 ft #9 with Tibor Riptide and Rio Outbound
- Salmonlogic 13 ft #8 with Loop Classic 7-9 reel and Salmonlogic multitip line

Small Rivers - Sage TCX 11’9’’ #6 with Lamson Lightspeed 3.5 reel and Loop switch line

wetwader

Reaction score
Fishing is still allowed here in Bavaria, but now restricted to nearby distances. Still happy about that possibility for an escape from work in this terrible Corona situation. Hope this all comes to an end with the appropriate changes in future aims to solve the problems we have and are shown clearly by this development.

My luxury problem could be, not to come to Norway this year. So I jump in here in tackle talk, refreshing some memories of last year.

Large river, big fish, early season:
LPXe 15‘ -3piece- (Yes, old, but still in use and maybe forever for me. Tried and owned so many modern 15’ rods, still found no substitute, can’t part with it) / Danielsson Control 8thirteen / Nextcast SF 45 #9/10 (enough in weight and highest linespeed) in F2, 13 and 35; TripleD 10/11 in H/I/S3 and 1/3/5, Rio SVT #10.

Large river, medium water level, big fish:
LeCie 13‘7 #9/10 -3piece and 4piece- (as above, old and still in use, tried and owned so many, still the best Scandi rods for me) / Danielsson Control 8thirteen or Original 3W / Nextcast SF 40 9/10 in F2, 13 and 35, Rio SVT #9, Vision Floater 34 Gramm.

Large river, medium to lower water level, later season:
Daylight Salmon
LeCie 13‘7 #8/9 -3piece (all as above...) / Danielsson Original 3W / Rio SVT and SSVT #8 Floating Body and Float/Intermediate Body, Vision Floater 31 Gramm.
Nightfishing seatrouts
LeCie 13‘7 #7/8 -3piece- (all as above ...) / Danielsson Original 3W / Rio SVT and SSVT #7, GL Power Taper #8/9 in Float/Intermediate and Hover/S1, cutted down to 28 gramm, Vision Floater 27 Gramm.

High water in the bushes, early season, salmon and seatrout:
TCX 8119 / Danielson Control 7twelve / Rio SSVT #7, Body in #7/8.

High water in the bushes, later season, salmon and seatrout:
Airtec #8 / Danielsson 3W / Rio SSVT #6, Rage 360

Medium river:
Salmon
LPXe 13‘ -3piece (all as above...) / Danielsson Control 7twelve or 3W / Nextcast SF 40 #8/9 in F2, 13, 35, Rio SSVT #8, Airflo Rage 480, Vision Floater 31 Gramm.
Of all favorites, this outfit got less use over the years. Maybe because of the extremes in weather and fishing conditions of the last years and need of specializing.

Medium to small river:
Salmon and Seatrout
LeCie 12‘6 #7/8 (all as above...) / Original 3W / Rio SSVT #6, Rage 390, Vision Floater 23 Gramm. „Precision and control Tool“ for the most stealthy presentation imaginable with a real DH rod.

Medium to small river, low water:
NT8 11‘9 #7/8 / Danielsson Original 2W / Rio SSVT #5, Rage 330, Vision Floater 22 Gramm. „Long range stealthiness“ for a switch rod.

Small river:
Airtec #6 / Loop 2 (older model of Danielsson) / custom made Floating Body 6,0 m-15,0 Gramm + custom made tips of 3,60 to 4,0 m around 3,5 to 3,8 Gramm in different densities + 15’ tapered leader for the most delicate presentation, for more punch Rio SSVT #5 cutted down to 19 gramm (tips included), Rage 270/300, Skagit Scout 330 + Intermediate Cheater 1,0 m-1,5 Gramm + Rio Versitips #6 of 10‘.
Cheapest rod, but best performance, really sweet, precision with a lot of feel, trout action medium fast, nevertheless more towards Scandi action without being too fast/sensitive in the tip.

TroutSpey:
Big river
Deep wading, distance all day
LeCie 12‘6 #6/7 (all as above... ) / Danielsson Original 2W / Rio SSVT #5 + custom tips 3,60 to 4,0 m- 4,5 Gramm, Rage 330, Vision Floater 21 Gramm.
Precision and Performance is the synonym also for this LeCie rod.
Combined with a line which adds accuracy by taper design like the Rio Scandi or also NC SF for the heavier categories, it’s casting heaven.

Big river, big flies
Airtec #7 / Danielsson Original 2W / Rio SSVT #5, Rage 300/330, Skagit Scout 360 + Intermediate Cheater 1,0 m-2 Gramm + Rio Versitips #7 of 10‘.
Cheap again, but better than most others in performance, incredible distance for a small rod, a lot of feel, deep actioned (deeper than the Airtec #6 and #8), best combination for Scandi and Skagit in a small switch rod.

Small river, moderate flies
Airtec #6 as above

These are my favorites which come to hands mostly and automatically, to cover most of my fishing. Rather boring as I see now ! But nobody asked for the outfits in stock.

Reaction score
Guideline NT8 13’9” 9/10#
Guideline LXI 11’6” 7/8 Switch
Guideline Fario 9’ 6# Trout Rod

You might say I like Guideline Rods.4CCA6EBA-C760-4B87-AFE4-B31BE372A895.jpeg