farmed salmon

avonfisher

Reaction score
I have just read on my phone an article Loch,Stock and Salmon an adventure to the wild west coast of Scotland and it is really sickening, but I had went to fish farming on land on Monday and found Salmon farming in Swiss Alps and was amazed at what can be acheived if people put their minds to it. I think that the Scottish government
should have a look at it and close all the fish farms in the sea lochs and estuaries ,Mowi are the biggest culprits in the world and they could easily afford to change their ways, but that costs money ,however I think John Fredriksen the billionaire could afford it. The Scottish Government want to get more farmed salmon onto the market but at what cost to the WONDERFUL WILD salmon

Rainclouds

Reaction score
Link below from the manufacturer of the production unit. It all looks very good.

ArchieL

Reaction score
Was recently on the GAAIA Website and there was an article claiming that the "Atlantic Salmon Trust" were in discussion with the farming industry and were in the process of taking money from them to fund their tracking projects. Now what chance do we have if one of the main bodies "AST" set up to protect wild salmon is accepting money from the Farmers ?

SOS

Reaction score
It does pose the question.
Do we as Salmon fishers want trump to win and ban Scottish Salmon?
In 2019 Scottish Salmon exports to the U.S was 25,000 tonnes worth £179 million,which is by far the biggest export market for Salmon outside the E.U.
The fact that the U.S will cite the growing concerns about the environmental impact of Salmon farming and the amount of escapee's, could bring the bad practices to the attention of the public,and also make the industry clean up their act.

I dont give a fig about American politics and even less if some of the Salmon farms go out of business if the U.S market is lost.

meyre

Reaction score
Cheery news from Murmansk...............

Other Media | SalmonBusiness: Russia to invest in the Arctic and will provide government aid for salmon brood facility
RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Investment planned in Murmansk region.

In a press release on Monday, Russia Prime Minister Mikhail Misjustin has signed a decree related to the plans for six large state-backed projects in the Russian Arctic. One of these projects is a salmon and trout breeding facility in the Murmansk region.

According to the government, the state subsidy for each of the projects will be up to 20 per-cent. One of the prerequisites is that the project in question costs at least 300 million rubles, which is around EUR 3.2 million.

nickolas

Reaction score
Cheery news from Murmansk...............

Other Media | SalmonBusiness: Russia to invest in the Arctic and will provide government aid for salmon brood facility
RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Tuesday, February 02, 2021

Investment planned in Murmansk region.

In a press release on Monday, Russia Prime Minister Mikhail Misjustin has signed a decree related to the plans for six large state-backed projects in the Russian Arctic. One of these projects is a salmon and trout breeding facility in the Murmansk region.

According to the government, the state subsidy for each of the projects will be up to 20 per-cent. One of the prerequisites is that the project in question costs at least 300 million rubles, which is around EUR 3.2 million.
Basically now they have emptEd the seas now the governments are Filling them with farmed fish because governments can’t control wild stocks. And so pollution of the seas are ok!!!. We vote for these people In a so called democratic society 😳😦.