Fancy new reel.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
For all you tackle tarts like me out there.
Look what just arrived. :) I've bought this off a lad on here for my young lads Christmas.
He does custom air brushing on things and has done a great job on this vision tank reel. I'm pretty sure he will custom paint whatever you want on another tank if you ask nicely. I think it will look great on the Scottish themed custom rods I've built him.
Thanks Sedgy top job.
20201027_190218.jpg
20201027_190207.jpg
20201027_190058.jpg

Attachments

• 20201027_190218.jpg
    20201027_190218.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31

SEDGY

Reaction score
Thank you for your support Gordon ?
Yes any solid backed reel and would be delighted with some ideas.Am working on an Irish themed Tank next.The one shown by Gordon has a faded ‘worn in’ edge in order to be more forgiving when it comes to edge rubbing or rash ?

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
He can do any plain backed fly reel......

I love the aged distressed look of thr scottish flag....

At least when you bump into a visiting angler they needn't bother asking if your a Scot.....

????????
Looking forward to seeing yours when its finished too Nathan. You will need to post up some pics.
Buying new fishing gear is second only to fishing itself :LOL:

lefthandup

Reaction score
Some young lads going to have a smile a mile wide come crimbo morning.Lucky young geezer!
Pedro.

How about a White Rose Colin?
Ok, ok, I'll get me coat,lol.
P.
I think it would look great with a lick of paint..dark blue would probably look good on it....
It's similar to the JD Young's reels...makes a hell of a racket with a fish on....

Can you put me in touch with him Gordon?

jimmythefish

Reaction score
For an old army combat vet like me Mr TFS,This looks great,used to wear the saltire Velcro patch on my arm in the Middle East, if I could have even one of my reels done like that,I’m wanting on the waiting list.????????????????????????????????????.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
For an old army combat vet like me Mr TFS,This looks great,used to wear the saltire Velcro patch on my arm in the Middle East, if I could have even one of my reels done like that,I’m wanting on the waiting list.????????????????????????????????????.
Haha quality Jimmy. Pm Sedgy he's posted above mate. He will see you sound.

SEDGY

Reaction score
Thank you to Gordon for his support and to others who have sent me messages 👍

Here are a couple of my latest efforts ,done on the solid side clicker plate of the Loop classic 7/9 reel supplied as a spear part with the retaining screws.

The Classic is probably the best reel to incorporate some art work as the plate is well protected from the possibility of gravel rash .The first photo shows the plate only, art work done for Loop tackle, the second I did with Gordon in mind in order to try and temp him for his new 8/11 Classic 🙈
49BC5DFD-B0DE-451D-8ECE-D2973BED92DF.jpeg
DB9FF231-C070-4095-A17E-06221D0D77E7.jpeg

Please message me on here if you have any questions or interested 👍

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Thank you to Gordon for his support and to others who have sent me messages 👍

Here are a couple of my latest efforts ,done on the solid side clicker plate of the Loop classic 7/9 reel supplied as a spear part with the retaining screws.

The Classic is probably the best reel to incorporate some art work as the plate is well protected from the possibility of gravel rash .The first photo shows the plate only, art work done for Loop tackle, the second I did with Gordon in mind in order to try and temp him for his new 8/11 Classic 🙈View attachment 55022View attachment 55023

Please message me on here if you have any questions or interested 👍
Makes me wish I'd bought a solid plate other than the ported plate now.
Top work as usual mate

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
The solid plate I supply with the art work just replaces the ported version I think- unless someone knows different?👍
So I could swap my ported plate with your air brushed plate mate?
I would want to keep my ported plate and silver screws as well though and would need the blue and white air brushed screws for your plate so that would leave you screwless. Can you get other screws?
Would defo be interested mate. Is it an 8/11?

SEDGY

Reaction score
Yes... I get the side plate and screws from Loop spear parts, air brush them to your design and get them sent to you for £80-£100 . You simply have to unscrew the old plate off and exchange.... screws are tight though with lock tight, heat with hairdryer first and use a new screwdriver -bit that fits perfectly....but I did it first time with no slips.