Extreme selfishness

Andrew B

Reaction score
Unfortunately complete lack of empathy like this is all too rife in the world. It really does sicken me.

The human being really can be such a disappointment at times.
For the most part I think most of have empathy for our fellow man but when I see morons like this it does make you wonder.

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Moved;

Please keep such content to the Lounge threads as this has nothing to do with the general discussion of salmon fishing. I did however find Woodsys post smile worthy.

Chicharito

Reaction score
I am travelling to Penzance at the end of the week. 400 miles approx. I managed to find some fuel at my local service station on the M1 at £1.59 per litre!!
Limited to £45 per transaction. I now have enough fuel to get there and enough to get to Exeter on way home. Hopefully things will have improved on my return on 11 October!

Andrew B

Reaction score
A completely fake news story stirred up by the media and swallowed by the gullible.

Your spot on about there being no difference between now and a week 10 days ago. The MSM should be hung out to dry for creating this situation.
Oh for sure the MSM have no scruples about fear mongering.
I do follow what’s going in America and of all the talk shows who were always in line with the MSM and like mockingbirds went for the easy low hanging fruit pickings that was Donald Trump, there’s one guy called Bill Maher (probably spelt wrong). Anyhow for a normal democrat he mentioned a poll where the MSM obsessed liberals thought that 50% of people with Covid end up in hospital and all he did was point out, how the MSM are to blame for such thinking by scaring its viewers silly. You could tell by the nervous laughter that his guests and the audience were surprised at someone actually having a go at MSM.
And so here we are with another toilet roll type scenario and it all stems from the MSM imo?

Last edited:

Andrew B

Reaction score
I am travelling to Penzance at the end of the week. 400 miles approx. I managed to find some fuel at my local service station on the M1 at £1.59 per litre!!
Limited to £45 per transaction. I now have enough fuel to get there and enough to get to Exeter on way home. Hopefully things will have improved on my return on 11 October!
That’s a fair journey pal. We’re going down to Bigbury in south Devon in late October, albeit without having to tow a caravan. I guess it will blow over like these things usually do but going back a year ago when I first heard Britain and America talking about spending packages in the Trillions? It was on the cards it would soon filter down to hit us in the pocket.

midgydug

Reaction score
In the initial photo on the thread. Would that not be illegal to transport that amount of fuel in a plastic container?
I know you are only allowed to carry 333kg of lpg gas without hazard plates.
Suppose the greedy f#€£^r in the photo doesn't care about that anyway

midgydug

Reaction score
A completely fake news story stirred up by the media and swallowed by the gullible.

Your spot on about there being no difference between now and a week 10 days ago. The MSM should be hung out to dry for creating this situation.
Absolutely spot on.
Same amount of drivers just now as there has been for months with no panic, until a rumour is spread by the media.
Maybe we could use it to our advantage.
Eating Goosander eggs will give you eternal life !!?
Sure the clever guys could think of better

westie4566

Reaction score
Absolutely spot on.
Same amount of drivers just now as there has been for months with no panic, until a rumour is spread by the media.
As I was saying to pals over the weekend...I wonder what's been going on elsewhere that the MSM feel the need to divert the publics gaze away from. Nae doubt the powers that be have been up to no good again. Yes, I am that cynical these days.

SOS

Reaction score
Maybe a push for everybody to buy electric cars
There could be a rush on for electric cars now but with winter coming with lights, heaters, blowers radio etc needed there could be queues at the charging points.

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Absolutely spot on.
Ha!

‘Government ministers denied that Goosander eggs increase life span by up to 50%. “There is no truth in this rumour and I must stress the importance of NOT shooting Gossanders on sight” In other news, Cormorant liver, is it a super food?

There won’t be a single feather left by the end of the week. Job done.

SOS

Reaction score
Ha!

‘Government ministers denied that Goosander eggs increase life span by up to 50%. “There is no truth in this rumour and I must stress the importance of NOT shooting Gossanders on sight” In other news, Cormorant liver, is it a super food?

There won’t be a single feather left by the end of the week. Job done.
But eating roast Gooseander will give you a H.O. like no blue pill can do.

Oscar

Reaction score
It is not only selfishness it is greed and stupidity.
Not sure by who or how this panic at the pumps started,
There is no shortage of fuel, I would even doubt there is a shortage of tanker drivers.
If there was a shortage of tanker drivers why were there enough last week or the week before or in the summer when most people had staycations and the roads were full of campervans and caravans?.
Over the weekend I have managed to get petrol when I needed to and as someone who needs fuel to do my job as a taxi driver I have refused to get caught up in the frenzy and only took what I needed each day, there is no way people should be allowed to fill jerry cans and definitely not those sort of tanks in the picture.
People are so stupid if it was put on MSM or even social media that there was a shortage of coconuts the shelves would be empty in a matter of hours with people buying them whether they wanted them or not.
As I understand it somebody from the road haulers association let something slip to the media from a cabinet briefing. Then headlines = paranoia.

Oscar.

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
that's all we need, power cuts in February as the needy indulgent types save the planet (in full view of their neighbours of course) and the national grid caves in
And so the next MSM induced panic begins ....... :)

Don't even mention the water running out .....

Rrrr

Reaction score
that's all we need, power cuts in February as the needy indulgent types save the planet (in full view of their neighbours of course) and the national grid caves in
Got to be honest with this one, a power cut in feb could bring 1 benefit......... my wife was winging at me for buying a thermal fishing suit a couple of weeks back and wasting money. (It was a bargain but shes right i dont need it ). A power cut would give me the oppertunity for a massive "told you so"

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

midgydug

Reaction score
Ha!

There won’t be a single feather left by the end of the week. Job done
🤣 🤣🤣 brilliant

goosander

Reaction score
Got to be honest with this one, a power cut in feb could bring 1 benefit......... my wife was winging at me for buying a thermal fishing suit a couple of weeks back and wasting money. (It was a bargain but shes right i dont need it ). A power cut would give me the oppertunity for a massive "told you so"

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
She would just want it for her self.
Bob.

ozzyian

Reaction score
Government causes shortage of things = tumbleweed, whatever. People cause shortage of something = we turn on each like a pack of savage dogs. This really is a nation of good little serfs.

Now I'm getting suspicious. You defended the bog roll hoarders of 2020 and that it was reasonable to make your first ever Perrier purchase by the 4 dozen. I demand that you tell us exactly how full your petrol tank is.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Now I'm getting suspicious. You defended the bog roll hoarders of 2020 and that it was reasonable to make your first ever Perrier purchase by the 4 dozen. I demand that you tell us exactly how full your petrol tank is.
Ha! 80 miles til empty. And I'm sitting looking at a queue of traffic outside my house that I suspect is linked to whichever numpty posted on the local forum that the tanker was filling up the Sainsbury's petrol station.

People only panic in times of crisis. Quit with the crises, people will stop panicking. And to be clear, I don't blame Brexit, and certainly not for the driver shortage. But the government's handling of Brexit...? Be nice when I can buy milk with a longer shelf life than tomorrow. That's my baseline expectation for a sunlit upland. It has TEA.

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Government causes shortage of things = tumbleweed, whatever. People cause shortage of something = we turn on each like a pack of savage dogs. This really is a nation of good little serfs.

It is people everywhere IMLE*, in 2 years in the States our area didn’t get hit by a single Hurricane or Tornado, it never does apparently. Hurricanes always go round one way or another. We had storms but not a hurricane. The warning systems are excellent and these events hit every year.

However, one sniff of a Hurricane on the Gulf Coast and every supermarket within 500 miles is out of bottled water, milk, cheese etc. You can’t buy generators, batteries or torches.

* IME that is true unless ironically you are used to shortages. In the developing world people are forced to accept that life has bumps in the road.

salarchaser

Reaction score
Ha! 80 miles til empty. And I'm sitting looking at a queue of traffic outside my house that I suspect is linked to whichever numpty posted on the local forum that the tanker was filling up the Sainsbury's petrol station.

People only panic in times of crisis. Quit with the crises, people will stop panicking. And to be clear, I don't blame Brexit, and certainly not for the driver shortage. But the government's handling of Brexit...? Be nice when I can buy milk with a longer shelf life than tomorrow. That's my baseline expectation for a sunlit upland. It has TEA.
Mrs SCs fuel light came on on Saturday. Gave up looking for fuel after 2 garages. Will use mine.

As for milk, I get it straight from the dairy in reusable glass bottles. Long fridge life, no plastic waste, no reliance on delivery drivers (so long as we dont run out of diesel in my car 😖 ).

ozzyian

Reaction score

Yes but an imaginary shortage of petrol isn't a crisis and it certainly isn't grounds to panic.

I suspect people actually enjoy a bit of a crisis and I think they enjoy the excuse to have a flap - it gives meaning and purpose to their otherwise dull existence. It seems to happen here a lot with the media expertly egging it all on.

Anyway, can't hang about chit chatting all day, need to get back in the queue at Tescos. I managed to get £4.26 worth in yesterday (though quite a lot ended up on my shoes) and it's a least a 5 mile round trip so I probably need some more.