Extreme selfishness

ABK

Reaction score
Selfishness to the max...........................!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210925-230414_Facebook[4171].jpg
    Screenshot_20210925-230414_Facebook[4171].jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 503

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Unfortunately complete lack of empathy like this is all too rife in the world. It really does sicken me.

The human being really can be such a disappointment at times.

SOS

Reaction score
It is not only selfishness it is greed and stupidity.
Not sure by who or how this panic at the pumps started,
There is no shortage of fuel, I would even doubt there is a shortage of tanker drivers.
If there was a shortage of tanker drivers why were there enough last week or the week before or in the summer when most people had staycations and the roads were full of campervans and caravans?.
Over the weekend I have managed to get petrol when I needed to and as someone who needs fuel to do my job as a taxi driver I have refused to get caught up in the frenzy and only took what I needed each day, there is no way people should be allowed to fill jerry cans and definitely not those sort of tanks in the picture.
People are so stupid if it was put on MSM or even social media that there was a shortage of coconuts the shelves would be empty in a matter of hours with people buying them whether they wanted them or not.

westie4566

Reaction score
There is no shortage of fuel, I would even doubt there is a shortage of tanker drivers.
If there was a shortage of tanker drivers why were there enough last week or the week before or in the summer when most people had staycations and the roads were full of campervans and caravans?.
Over the weekend I have managed to get petrol when I needed to and as someone who needs fuel to do my job as a taxi driver I have refused to get caught up in the frenzy and only took what I needed each day, there is no way people should be allowed to fill jerry cans and definitely not those sort of tanks in the picture.
People are so stupid if it was put on MSM or even social media that there was a shortage of coconuts the shelves would be empty in a matter of hours with people buying them whether they wanted them or not.
A completely fake news story stirred up by the media and swallowed by the gullible.

Your spot on about there being no difference between now and a week 10 days ago. The MSM should be hung out to dry for creating this situation.

ibm59

Reaction score
There are rules , regulations , and laws whch cover the carriage and storage of flammable liquids.
Can’t say for certain , but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if a few of them are being broken by that lad.

budge

Reaction score
I've been saying this all along since the toilet roll debacle. It would be an interesting experiment to post a video on facepuke of someone rushing around B&Q with a trolley full of paint The thing that bothers me is that it started with a "leaked" meeting about the tanker driver shortage. I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but it makes you wonder ?
As to the cock in the photo it doesn't surprise me one bit that it's happening. I just wonder why the filling station allowed this ? Most have a limit on filling containers which also have to be suitable for purpose. I also wonder how something like that could be transported and stored safely ?

Sent from my CPH2127 using Tapatalk

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Hopefully those that filled up and don't need it will now have enough fuel for the next few weeks and that should allow the situation to calm down a bit ? Once these stories gain momentum, no stopping them .......

Rennie

Reaction score
It's all just another con job to shove prices up and get back some of what was lost!.
Funny, there's no shortage of drivers to deliver Pizza's, or Curry's, or the multitudinous Amazon delivery's, or that two pints of milk that was forgotten at the Supermarket, or indeed the delivery drivers from the big Supermarkets them selves with your weekly shop!
With the onset of electric powered vehicles, don't you think that the petrol companies are about now beginning to absolutely cack them selves!. Their cash cow is wandering off to greener, newer pastures, where's that going to leave them then?
Pedro.

budge

Reaction score
It's all just another con job to shove prices up and get back some of what was lost!.
Funny, there's no shortage of drivers to deliver Pizza's, or Curry's, or the multitudinous Amazon delivery's, or that two pints of milk that was forgotten at the Supermarket, or indeed the delivery drivers from the big Supermarkets them selves with your weekly shop!
With the onset of electric powered vehicles, don't you think that the petrol companies are about now beginning to absolutely cack them selves!. Their cash cow is wandering off to greener, newer pastures, where's that going to leave them then?
Pedro.
It will be us who pay for it that's for sure

Sent from my CPH2127 using Tapatalk

salarchaser

Reaction score
Selfish and probably dangerous and illegal as well.
You can fill a 5l plastic container or a 20l metal container only.

It is bonkers where we are though.
Was using Mrs SCs car and the first garage I passed had petrol but no diesel.
Went to a second and they were queing 100yds up the road. Turned around and went home.
Mine has half a tank in it so we'll use that until the numpties are out of the way then try later in the week.

I accept that some people NEED fuel.
Working on a contract several years ago it was a 100 mile round trip to the office.

It's the people topping up a couple gallons to fill the tank that are us much to blame as any.

Rrrr

Reaction score
He will get absoloutley reamed if he gets caught transporting fuel in an iso container and hopefully he does

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Jockiescott

Reaction score
could be a farmer getting his usual supply of diesel

The thing is, if it was a farmer needing that much diesel, he could have ordered it from any home heating oil distributor, got it delivered to his yard and got it cheaper than pump price.

That goes for anyone, not just farmers. If you can store it, you can buy it. Doesn't work with petrol unfortunately.

Last edited:

Sawyer

Reaction score
There are rules , regulations , and laws whch cover the carriage and storage of flammable liquids.
Can’t say for certain , but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if a few of them are being broken by that lad.
There certainly are, as someone who uses a lot of fuel (boat & 4 stroke mowers strimmers/chainsaws etc) I have been stopped by the Police & “advised” if I do it again I will be prosecuted, only reason they didn’t was that I live less than a mile from my nearest station.