Extension Tubing

allysshrimp

Reaction score
Looking for some assistance Gents.
Where might I get the extension tubing featured in the picture. It's not the coil of yellow stuff, that's all i've been able to find of late and t's too thin walled. It was bought from AA ( Silicone Tubing) The other samples are thicker walled and Opaque and grip the hook better. I got it many years ago and now have none left.

Attachments

Rossco74

Reaction score
I'm sure I have some extension tubing that I got with bottle tubes from Flymakers but may not be the softer stuff - am offshore the noo so canna confirm. I also have softer thick walled stuff but canna for the life of me remember where I got it from. Veniards possibly?

Veniards Silicone Rubber Tubing | Angus Angling

FaughanPurple

Reaction score
I know what you mean, some of the tubing is just too limp and slides off both the tube and hooks. I've a bit of thicker stuff left and I think I got it from Sean Stanton when ordering tubes a while back.

allysshrimp

Reaction score
Thanks gents. Was in Angus Angling a couple o weeks ago Rossco, it's just got the same thin walled Silicone availible elsewhere.

neilt

Reaction score
Try clear thin diameter heat shrink.
You can even extend it up the body to make the body stronger.
It never slips either.
Use another inserted undressed tube to keep the extension open.
I use hilltop products to get my heat shrink online.
Heat Shrink Tubing

dustybinns

Reaction score
swing tubes.

Thanks gents. Was in Angus Angling a couple o weeks ago Rossco, it's just got the same thin walled Silicone availible elsewhere.
Have you tried the “swing tubes “Bill,? i got the idea off the forum a few years ago and never went back to tubing.I only use single hooks ,so can’t speak for doubles or trebles,but i very rarely loose a fish with this set up.

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know what type of store / shops you have there where you live but will tall you how I dealt with this problem.

There is a business in the city called Alaska Rubber & Supply...….

Not the title you would expect to find what we are talking about here but it turns out that these type supply houses are where you find all sort or rubber and vinyl tubing among other things.

What I buy is flexible but stiff enough to work splendidly. It is clear with 1/8" outside diameter and sold by the foot or yard. I buy a years supply for $3.00 USD.

What I'm suggesting if clear tubing will work is to seek out a supply house that has all sort of tubing and perhaps find what you need and at a bargain as well.

allysshrimp

Reaction score
Have you tried the “swing tubes “Bill,? i got the idea off the forum a few years ago and never went back to tubing.I only use single hooks ,so can’t speak for doubles or trebles,but i very rarely loose a fish with this set up.
I use free swinging tubes, just by using a piece of tubing over the hook past the eye. only on coneheads though tied on tube liner.
Cheers Dusty.

ibm59

Reaction score
Should have pinched some from work before you retired , Bill. :peace:

Rennie

Reaction score
Cycling shops will have yds of the stuff, but it won't be some of the trendy more fluro. colours useful on the back end of Salmon tube, but functional and certainly more robust.Coarse fishing tackle shops will have an absolute bundle of the stuff in a great variation of sizes and colours.
If you're no where near either, then W H Smiths and a copy of Coarse Fishing or Match Fishing magazines will see various on line dealers who can help with on line ordering.
Pedro.

Rrrr

Reaction score
I use vacuum tube for cars and it works well. Cant remember which size but ive got enough to last ages.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

uskgrub

Reaction score
Looking for some assistance Gents.
Where might I get the extension tubing featured in the picture. It's not the coil of yellow stuff, that's all i've been able to find of late and t's too thin walled. It was bought from AA ( Silicone Tubing) The other samples are thicker walled and Opaque and grip the hook better. I got it many years ago and now have none left.
Try Flymakers 2.0mm silicone extension tubing. Its thicker walled and the Yellow and Orange are opaque like what you have in your picture :thumb:

ozzyian

Reaction score
Seriously Bill, Doug at Flymakers is your man, he's the UK bloke for the flytying tubing!!! A very helpful chap to boot.

Last edited: