exploratory trip to Ura river northern Russia

rotenone

Reaction score
Hi Lads,

I am taking a chance and fishing and camping on the River Ura for around 5 days before heading to fish elsewhere in Russia.
Would be nice to maybe fish with someone else so if anyone would like to join me I can send more details, its a big fish river fish averaging 20lbs plus, the cabins look very basic but for me its all about the fishing, last season there were some huge fish caught on this river that sparked my interest including 40lb plus fish.
I have a the benefit of a good friend who is a russian guide and will fish with him over these days ,there is a simple and cheap way to travel by road through to norway to this camp.

send me a pm if interested it would be great to have some English speaking company.

tynelobster

Reaction score
Hi Lads,

I am taking a chance and fishing and camping on the River Ura for around 5 days before heading to fish elsewhere in Russia.
Would be nice to maybe fish with someone else so if anyone would like to join me I can send more details, its a big fish river fish averaging 20lbs plus, the cabins look very basic but for me its all about the fishing, last season there were some huge fish caught on this river that sparked my interest including 40lb plus fish.
I have a the benefit of a good friend who is a russian guide and will fish with him over these days ,there is a simple and cheap way to travel by road through to norway to this camp.

send me a pm if interested it would be great to have some English speaking company.
Dates?

Dave Wilkinson

Reaction score
Visa

Be wary. If you have hassle with a visa then it's much simpler and cheaper at the Russian Embassy in Oslo. Dave

Hi Lads,

tawsalmon

Reaction score
I suspect anyone with a British passport at a Russian border control point is going to get a whole load of hassle from their immigration officials for the foreseeable future ... just sayin.....