Experiment with Fake J.C

salmo1978

Reaction score
Sick of repairing natural jc splits. Not everyones thing but keeping an open mind

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Andrzej

Reaction score
I've tied a couple of flies using those fake JC, had even a few fish :) I prefer a real JC, though I'm not sure if the salmon care about it :lol: Nice tying.

Hardyreels

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been using it on flies for Pacific Silver because they are often accompanied by Chum salmon. The chum turn quickly in fresh water and develop a mouth full of teeth that put a Pike to shame. They can be hard on flies.

Whether it has been tying on shanks - tubes - or Intruder style flies I've tried to keep up with the changing times since 2009 or there about. When I started working as a guide I came to realize that many things were changing around me while I was still tying classic salmon and steelhead patterns. The experience taught me to make flies that would be effective while not taking much time to tie. Time at the vise was critical because you may have a client lose 12 or more flies in one day. When they are doing that you don't hand over the classic tie with the jungle cock eyes :shocked:

I have a bunch of the Pro Sportfisher stuff and have caught plenty with it as eyes. It's not because I don't have any real stuff, I just wanted some diversity in the box.

View attachment 42568JC0196_zps65w10bpv.jpg~original.jpg

Between the soft plastic stuff and the real stuff I have no fears of running out of eyes.