Ever Heard Of The Eternal Optimist??

westie4566

Reaction score
You're all making me jealous.
I'm keeping my brechin permit and that might be it, as I don't know when I'll be able to fish.
I'll still be paying for the odd days such as tulchan and balmcewan, but may well be giving them away.
The good news is i will have some free time to fish during the week.
I'll give you a taste of the new, new fettercairn if I do make Tulchan.

Cheers

Mows
If the new Fettercairn is on offer then you'd better be making Tulchan:nod::lol:

Smoggy

Reaction score
I will be making my usual return to fish the lower Brora in early April, and today booked my flight to Norway in mid-July for 8 days fishing the middle Orkla.
Also, I have my usual fishing on the Wear to look forward to, and have promised myself to get out earlier than usual for both salmon and sea trout in 2020!

barbonboy

Reaction score
Now that's a fair call.
I almost bought a house in Bangor 10 years back but too much flaffing about with Irish lawyers and auctioneers.:(
I have fished Carrowmore but never the river. I quite fancy that.:)
Not one of the nice bungalows on Church Road, by any chance?.

keirstream

Reaction score
Not one of the nice bungalows on Church Road, by any chance?.
Can't remember now but it was heading West out of town just past the road the goes left over the river. A cul de sac on the left with around 10 bungalows in it that the builder had completed but went out of business owing Mayo C. C. cash. Access rights were disputed. They were up for sale for 80000 Euro but after a year of arguing I gave up on the idea. They are probably worth 300000 Euro now.:shocked:

Last edited:

bassfly

Reaction score
Only one booked. 7 days on the Orkla from 7th June. Third year on this river and a great week with my Swedish friends.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

tenet

Reaction score
Can't remember now but it was heading West out of town just past the road the goes left over the river. A cul de sac on the left with around 10 bungalows in it that the builder had completed but went out of business owing Mayo C. C. cash. Access rights were disputed. They were up for sale for 80000 Euro but after a year of arguing I gave up on the idea. They are probably worth 300000 Euro now.:shocked:
Not with John Cosgrove a neighbour😂😉😎

barbonboy

Reaction score
More like €60000, now. Once the oil men left town, property prices plumeted.

keirstream

Reaction score
More like €60000, now. Once the oil men left town, property prices plumeted.
No way.:shocked:
The build quality in those houses was superb. Everything was top quality, the facings were all solid mahogany. You could have held a dance in the kitchen.
I've just lost 20000 Euro.:lol: