Eva

marty31

Reaction score
storm eva has arrived, is rained heavy since the small hours, our local river (aln) is into the fields again, and the tweed at lunch time 11ft 6in and rising, no good bleating, they haven't found the man that can change the weather yet, we all are at the mercy of the gods, more interested in getting some tea, then going into town on the hoy, that's if the river hasn't flooded onto the road :eek::eek::mad: but if it hasn't :):D;):cool:

keirross

Reaction score
The local main burn here (Alva, Hillfoots) is raging down with some colour which is unusual. 40 cms here is a lot of water which I doubt does much for any redding activities... :(.

Chicharito

Reaction score
storm eva has arrived, is rained heavy since the small hours, our local river (aln) is into the fields again, and the tweed at lunch time 11ft 6in and rising, no good bleating, they haven't found the man that can change the weather yet, we all are at the mercy of the gods, more interested in getting some tea, then going into town on the hoy, that's if the river hasn't flooded onto the road :eek::eek::mad: but if it hasn't :):D;):cool:

I take it that the hut will be flooded again at this height ?
I had to employ Mr Google for a translation of part of your post not coming from your part of the world !
Just in case anyone else is struggling with the translation -

gannin' on the hoy", which means going out with the intention of consuming multiple alcoholic drinks.

marty31

Reaction score
I take it that the hut will be flooded again at this height ?
I had to employ Mr Google for a translation of part of your post not coming from your part of the world !
Just in case anyone else is struggling with the translation -

gannin' on the hoy", which means going out with the intention of consuming multiple alcoholic drinks.
the hut floods at 16 and a half feet, spent nearly a day on it a week ago, the translation was 100% correct, just getting my shoes on right now, hope the pubs-clubs don't run out of "peeve":cool:

keirross

Reaction score
Chic, as a government-confirmed denier of science, I wholeheartedly agree. Sometime soon cabinet inhabitants will realise factual reality. Meantime, we're proper ferked and they know that.

Chicharito

Reaction score
the hut floods at 16 and a half feet, spent nearly a day on it a week ago, the translation was 100% correct, just getting my shoes on right now, hope the pubs-clubs don't run out of "peeve":cool:

I am sure they wont run out of alcohol Marty !
As I recall there's no shortage of pubs in Alnmouth assuming your not banned from most of them ! ;)

simon grace

Reaction score
North and West Yorkshire flooded,local Boxing Day Hunt cancelled,waterfalls where I never knew water could get,rivers where theres roads and more to come tomorrow..:(:(

MikeCC

Reaction score
Looks like the Met man unfortunately got it right - Storm Frank(who comes up with these names!??) arrives late tomorrow night. I dont think I can recall such a horribly wet period of winter weather for years. Hopefuly the damage with this next bout will be kept to a minimum.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Looks like more water heading your way marty, the crook inn is at 8ft 5in and riseing and most other tribs are on the rise also

Hemmy

Reaction score
And not is it only a named storm which is a rediculous in itself..Its also a now called a "Weather Bomb"
Who comes up with this utter crap?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Simon....you are BANNED FOR LIFE from doing any more rain dances