Euros 2021

Don CurlyHorny

Sang-Froid
Banned
Reaction score
Sa

Sadly that is true. I was very fortunate going through the 80's. Can't see those days coming back anytime soon. I see the council have agreed to 5,655 being allowed in next week with some of that number being stewards etc. Hopefully get a ticket through my ST (y)
Another manager , another season …. Hope springs

enjoy the season Ken
Kevin

kenb61

Reaction score
Another manager , another season …. Hope springs

enjoy the season Ken
Kevin
Yup. Glass has got a hard job ahead of him. I think his backroom team looks decent and Brown will bring a winning mentality (y)

Enjoy might be a struggle but I'll keep with it as I have done through the bad, good then bloody awful times :ROFLMAO:

Will give a change from blanking on days out fishing (y) On the subject of which, Fintray wasn't too bad a couple of days back for trout so may give it a go one evening for sea trout.

Scierra

Reaction score
Only 2 Derby's in Scotland and a 2 hoss title race every season now Rangers are back with an English manager , was a 1 hoss title race when Rangers were relegated to the depths of Scottish football

Hibs v Hearts
Rangers v Celts

Mags v Makems ( In the distant past) Maybe in the next 50 yrs ?
Everton v Liverpool
WBA V Aston Villa
Spurs v Arsenal
Arsenal V West Ham
Chelsea V Arsenal
Man Utd v Man City
Many more too
To name but a few in the worlds elite football League

Could start a English V Scottish Football thread , but there be only one winner

Last edited:

lefthandup

Reaction score
Only 2 Derby's in Scotland and a 2 hoss title race every season now Rangers are back with an English manager , was a 1 hoss title race when Rangers were relegated to the depths of Scottish football

Hibs v Hearts
Rangers v Celts

Mags v Makems
Everton v Liverpool
WBA V Aston Villa
Spurs v Arsenal
Arsenal V West Ham
Chelsea V Arsenal
Man Utd v Man City
Many more too

Just like your elite mentality that football was coming home🥴🤣🤣🤣 .. it's never been home and never will be .

England played most of their games on home soil in front of their own fans and still couldn't win it .. your not as elite as you think you are.

You ain't filling no one .. you lost.

ian74

Reaction score
Just like your elite mentality that football was coming home🥴🤣🤣🤣 .. it's never been home and never will be .

England played most of their games on home soil in front of their own fans and still couldn't win it .. your not as elite as you think you are.

I heard there was a petition to replay the final when they didn’t win… :ROFLMAO:

Aled

Reaction score

Hibs v Hearts
Rangers v Celts

Everton v Liverpool
WBA V Aston Villa
Spurs v Arsenal
Arsenal V West Ham
Chelsea V Arsenal
Man Utd v Man City
Many more too

You left out Cardiff City v Swansea City.....hang on that's a Welsh derby........ OK, I'll get my coat :D (sorry couldn't resist throwing that one in..)

salarchaser

Reaction score
You left out Cardiff City v Swansea City.....hang on that's a Welsh derby........ OK, I'll get my coat :D (sorry couldn't resist throwing that one in..)
Just pipped me to it Aled.
Been to a few in my time.
Ive a feeling we'd be on different sides of the fence though. ;)

Aled

Reaction score
At at a Swansea v Cardiff derby yes salarchaser BUT, i did not know how deep and unpleasant this rivalry was, as a child, Cardiff, Newport, Wrexham and Merthyr (along with Celtic for other reasons) were my "2nd" teams, they are Welsh teams and as a proud Welshman i always supported Welsh teams against opposition from any other country,(in any sport always, Glamorgan till i die!) it was only when i went to a Wales v Czechoslovakia match at Cardiff i heard the fans singing "we hate F**king Swansea" i realised there was an issue!!
However i must say it seems that after Euro 2016 things have changed which is positive.

ps. I lived in Cardiff for 5 years and visited the Bob Bank at Ninian Park many times, and supported Cardiff, (midweek as i played rugby on Saturday) as i did Swansea at the Vetch Field, & Merthyr Tudful at Penydarren Park.

Last edited:

Tees88

Reaction score

world-cup-england-celebrate_3752651.jpg

Albeit the song is about a tournament coming home & not a trophy 🙃

salarchaser

Reaction score
At at a Swansea v Cardiff derby yes salarchaser BUT, i did not know how deep and unpleasant this rivalry was, as a child, Cardiff, Newport, Wrexham and Merthyr (along with Celtic for other reasons) were my "2nd" teams, they are Welsh teams and as a proud Welshman i always supported Welsh teams against opposition from any other country,(in any sport always, Glamorgan till i die!) it was only when i went to a Wales v Czechoslovakia match at Cardiff i heard the fans singing "we hate F**king Swansea" i realised there was an issue!!
However i must say it seems that after Euro 2016 things have changed which is positive.

ps. I lived in Cardiff for 5 years and visited the Bob Bank at Ninian Park many times, and supported Cardiff, (midweek as i played rugby on Saturday) as i did Swansea at the Vetch Field, & Merthyr Tudful at Penydarren Park.
From the Rhondda originally, so it was Pontypridd for the rugby, Cardiff for the football and Glamorgan for the cricket.
Despite living in England for 33 of my 57 years, its still the same (struggle with regional rugby since the demise of the Celtic Warriors).
Had a season ticket for a number of years as a teen, stood on the Bob Bank.
Started playing senior rugby at 17 so gave it up due to both being on a Saturday afternoon.
Watched Cardiff through the dark days of the 70s as far as trouble was concerned.
Still listen or watch their games.
Got to watch them at Old Trafford and Goodison during their premier league ventures.
On the other hand, Ive seen them at gresty road during less glamorous times.

D

Deleted member 21851

Hibs v Hearts
Rangers v Celts

Everton v Liverpool
WBA V Aston Villa
Spurs v Arsenal
Arsenal V West Ham
Chelsea V Arsenal
Man Utd v Man City
Many more too

Rangers and Celtic would be top half championship, bottom half Premier league. One off games between Scottish and English sides are never a way to judge the relative quality as its always a "cup game" mentality from the minnows. A full league season against teams who won't roll over and have their tummy's tickled every week would be a culture shock. I do think though after 5-10 years they would be top half EPL as they could then compete financially by playing in the same league and for certain some big wealthy owners would come in and buy them.

Drop them in the EPL today and they would really struggle having to play each other and 6-10 top clubs every season who regularly play at the top level in Europe and are filled with international players from the top nations in Europe.

luney

Reaction score
Is there any wish from Celtic and Rangers to join the English league structure?
Aled they'd join at the drop of a hat. They are big clubs and the financial package that the Scottish Prem receives is small potatoes compared to the EPL as are most other countries in Europe for that matter. What would happen if they left for the EPL? I fear what financial package that the Scottish Prem gets would go with them.
I'm no expert on the matter but the lads up there would know better. That's my take on it.
Luney

Scierra

Reaction score
Is there any wish from Celtic and Rangers to join the English league structure?
No Way (n) , no place for them in the competitive English leagues(n)

luney quote,
"Aled they'd join at the drop of a hat. They are big clubs and the financial package that the Scottish Prem receives is small potatoes compared to the EPL"
Stick to the tatty picking SPL

D

Deleted member 21851

Aled they'd join at the drop of a hat. They are big clubs and the financial package that the Scottish Prem receives is small potatoes compared to the EPL as are most other countries in Europe for that matter. What would happen if they left for the EPL? I fear what financial package that the Scottish Prem gets would go with them.
I'm no expert on the matter but the lads up there would know better. That's my take on it.
Luney
I suspect the "big six" would not allow it. Just like they are blocking the Newcastle takeover. Top of the EPL these days is as much about power off the pitch as talent on it.

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
Luney

I think a lot of other Scottish fans would love to see the back of the OF. I don’t think it’s going to happen any time soon though. The farrago around the ESL and the fact that Turkeys (small EPL clubs) don’t vote for Christmas, will see to that.

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score

happy days

Reaction score
I suspect the "big six" would not allow it. Just like they are blocking the Newcastle takeover. Top of the EPL these days is as much about power off the pitch as talent on it.
Is it the “big” six that are blocking it, I thought it was more because the mob that want to buy them love a bit of eye gouging and women stoning. 😊

D

Deleted member 21851

happy days

Reaction score

Don CurlyHorny

Sang-Froid
Banned
Reaction score
Luney
Sooner they eff off the better. Would make the Scottish league more competitive, even playing field, fair distribution of finances and undoubtedly the league would flourish. For years Celtic and Rangers have told the rest that we need them. They Buy the best talent for pennies from other Scottish teams, because they can, and to stifle competition. We don’t need what they bring to Scottish football, COVID shows us that we don’t miss their gate numbers. Let them in the circus that is the English premiership, surprised that bubbles not gone pop yet but tick tock

DCH

Rrrr

Reaction score
Sooner they eff off the better. Would make the Scottish league more competitive, even playing field, fair distribution of finances and undoubtedly the league would flourish. For years Celtic and Rangers have told the rest that we need them. They Buy the best talent for pennies from other Scottish teams, because they can, and to stifle competition. We don’t need what they bring to Scottish football, COVID shows us that we don’t miss their gate numbers. Let them in the circus that is the English premiership, surprised that bubbles not gone pop yet but tick tock

DCH
Would wage and buying caps like they had in rugby not be a good thing for your football ?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk