Euros 2021

Don CurlyHorny

Sang-Froid
Banned
Reaction score
You can understand a ref getting it wrong, but to get past VAR scrutiny, where in offside checks they make decisions on bollock hair measurements, I’ve seen them … blue and red lines …. beggars belief or it’s fixed

England were the better team for more periods of the match. Denmark ran out of steam. Sad way to decide a match of that magnitude with controversy.

DCH

Elibank

Reaction score
Listen if Scotland were still in it id want them in the final same for the welsh and irish, nationalism is no big deal where I'm from but we know a good game of footy when we see one, lets hope its a good un sunday. :)
Amen to that, sir

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
TBH, I thought Kane should have had a penalty in normal time and the award of the Danish free kick was soft (but I also think Pickford will be disappointed not to have saved it).

2-0 in normal time would have been more comfortable !

3-0 if Sterling had taken his chance.

But the Danes were very good at times, Schmeichel was excellent.

England definitely the best team over 120 minutes though, few would deny that. Sterling top class again.

Looking forward (with trepidation) to Sunday !!!

Last edited:

Scierra

Reaction score
How come Engurlund are playing all their game at home?.... that's just not right.
Because its a BIG stadium and the best in Europe , can seat 85000 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ⚽ ⚽ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Not like the little wee Hamden Park :p 50000 less than coming home super Wembley Stadium ⚽
The old Hamden once had a capacity of 130000 ? strange to rebuild nearly 100k less ?
Its coming home alright

Don CurlyHorny

Sang-Froid
Banned
Reaction score
At the end of the day, well done England your in the final. Keeps the banter on this thread going all good fun, but it could be emotive on Sunday 😂

DCH

Don CurlyHorny

Sang-Froid
Banned
Reaction score
Because its a BIG stadium and the best in Europe , can seat 85000 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ⚽ ⚽ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Not like the little wee Hamden Park :p 50000 less than coming home super Wembley Stadium ⚽
The old Hamden once had a capacity of 130000 ? strange to rebuild nearly 100k less ?
Its coming home alright
It might have had 130000 capacity, but they all wore flat capped bunnets and when bevvied pished in each other’s trooser pockets. Sounds an amazing experience 🙁
DCH

D

Deleted member 21851

TBH, I thought Kane should have had a penalty in normal time and the award of the Danish free kick was soft.

2-0 in normal time would have been more comfortable !

3-0 if Sterling had taken his chance.

But the Danes were very good at times, Schmeichel was excellent.

England definitely the best team over 120 minutes though, few would deny that. Sterling top class again.

Looking forward (with trepidation) to Sunday !!!
Am I the only one in the country to see that Kane fouled the defender before he himselg was fouled for a pen and the ref did a great job giving the free kick to Denmark? I saw that in real time but the entire production team, presenters and commentators of sh1teTV couldn't figure it out after 10 replays???

Safranfoer, your first bit is exactly what our lass said. Don't be offended but she knaas nowt about footie aswell but could easily see this team is different to every other load of sh1te we've been dished up during my lifetime.

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
Am I the only one in the country to see that Kane fouled the defender before he himselg was fouled for a pen and the ref did a great job giving the free kick to Denmark? I saw that in real time but the entire production team, presenters and commentators of sh1teTV couldn't figure it out after 10 replays???

Safranfoer, your first bit is exactly what our lass said. Don't be offended but she knaas nowt about footie aswell but could easily see this team is different to every other load of sh1te we've been dished up during my lifetime.
50/50 call - in my unbiased view ..... :)

lefthandup

Reaction score
At the end of the day, we’ll done England your in the final. Keeps the banter on this thread going all good fun, but it could be emotive on Sunday 😂

DCH
Well...at least I'll not have to put up with all the hype on Sunday....I'll be planning/ traveling for my weeks fishing 🎣🎣🎣

Better put the poles in the motor ( no the European ones)....got me maggots and boilies all cooked up too...ey op lad it will be epic.

Poles √
Bait√
Keepnet√
Floats√
🤔

Don CurlyHorny

Sang-Froid
Banned
Reaction score
Well...at least I'll not have to put up with all the hype on Sunday....I'll be planning/ traveling for my weeks fishing 🎣🎣🎣

Better put the poles in the motor ( no the European ones)....got me maggots and boilies all cooked up too...ey op lad it will be epic.

Poles √
Bait√
Keepnet√
Floats√
🤔

DCH

D

Deleted member 21851

50/50 call - in my unbiased view ..... :)
Just seen a replay and the ref was in a far better position to see the contact than either of the camera views. So probably right that VAR didn't overturn his decision.

Edit: VAR has been superb all tournament. Just goes to show what a shower of shite the Premier league and English refs were in implementing it here.

Safranfoer

Reaction score

I watched a LOT in the 90s and 00s, because my ex-husband was a huge fan. Never really into it though. I had a fantasy football team chosen based on the players names and/or whether I felt sorry for them based on the kicking they got in the press. ‘The donkey’ Emile Heskey saw me win it one season. But I know absolutely nothing beyond I really enjoyed that. They looked world class.

Occasional salmon fisher

Reaction score
I think their salaries are ridiculous. But it's not the players' fault. Criticising young lads for earning loads seems like we're pointing our fingers in the wrong place. And so many of them use their platform for good - so back to Sterling, he insists on things like significant opportunities being provided for disadvantaged young people on the crew if you want to work with him for marketing purposes, and has formed his own charities. I'd rather footballers earning millions were visibly trying to raise others up than have people like Bezos sitting on billions while exploiting their workforce.
Most (including me) aren't criticising Sterling or the other players. If my employer offered me £20 million per year, I would take it. It is the "football machine" that has driven the exponential inflation - higher ticket prices, higher TV rights, higher shirt prices etc - and higher transfer fees and wages. I would prefer lower transfer fees, lower player wages, lower ticket prices. Not going to happen any time soon though.

happy days

Reaction score
I’ve been on the terraces at hampden it wasn’t for an international either I prefer the old one and the old Wembley I am not into soulless concrete bowls. 😊

Last edited: