Euros 2021

scoops

Reaction score
Id tickets for the Scotland v Czech game in the UEFA ballot but heard zip for a couple of months now what's happening with them, going by folk in the papers complaining about tickets being refunded i should be ok!!
Wont be like the usual Hampden experience though of being blootto :oops:

Not looking forward to the game at Wembley, weve been honking since got in the back door qualification

Don CurlyHorny

Sang-Froid
Reaction score
I’m sure it’ll be a great experience being back at the football, Scotland at the euros and then all that goes with it ....Scoops 👍

Looking forward to summer football and watching as much games as possible.

DCH

scoops

Reaction score
Aye been football but not as we know it for far too long now

think the Euros is wide open with all the big hitters in with a shout, if had to pick one would be Belgium 🇧🇪

Walleye

Reaction score
I'm sure that's been the shout going into the Euros and World cups for a while now. :)

Yous will be praying the law of averages works for you some time.:D
Sorry, damned autocorrect. England will not win it.

Too young, Belgium and France too strong.

Wee Porters

Reaction score
Sorry, damned autocorrect. England will not win it.

Too young, Belgium and France too strong.

If you're good enough you're old enough. (y)

Has Southgate announced his squad yet?

You've got some right good players for sure, but for me not a full team of them.

Walleye

Reaction score
If you're good enough you're old enough. (y)

Has Southgate announced his squad yet?

You've got some right good players for sure, but for me not a full team of them.
I'm usually one for "we've never had a better chance" but I think the next two tournaments will be a better chance...Kate still hopefully at his peak and the young crop coming through.

Some of the young players are truly outstanding young players..the only question is if they can continue to develop into world class or settle for being as good as they are. I felt this was the main difference between Ronaldo and Rooney ...if you compared them both at 18yr old, Rooney was far better. Rooney stayed at roughly the same level his whole career while Ronaldo overtook him and is still trying to improve even though he is past his best.

Who should we look out for in the Scotland team?

Hoddom

Reaction score
I reckon Malta and portugal will do well and we’ll be in the bottom 3. Nobody ever votes for us since we started talking about Brexit

🕺🎸🎸🎼

Wee Porters

Reaction score
I'm usually one for "we've never had a better chance" but I think the next two tournaments will be a better chance...Kate still hopefully at his peak and the young crop coming through.

Some of the young players are truly outstanding young players..the only question is if they can continue to develop into world class or settle for being as good as they are. I felt this was the main difference between Ronaldo and Rooney ...if you compared them both at 18yr old, Rooney was far better. Rooney stayed at roughly the same level his whole career while Ronaldo overtook him and is still trying to improve even though he is past his best.

Who should we look out for in the Scotland team?

Re the Scotland team, I just hope Steve Clarke takes the shackles off the players, his mentality seems to be "keep it tight
and don't let them score" which is fine but you've got to show a willingness to score yourself, something that's not happened
recently until a team has scored against us first.

keirstream

Reaction score
That euro trash last night ...:..Italy, the only reason they won was the lead singers tight troos

Wonder how an independent Scotland would do- bet it wouldn’t be nil points 🥸
DCH
Certainly would be nil votes from me.:D
Only saw the votes at the end and then the Italian entry.
Around the standard of your Average School Band.
Truly awful.:confused:
Then out of interest I had a look at the U.K. entry on Youtube.
I would have deducted points for hs brass neck.
Shocking.:eek:

scoops

Reaction score
Tickets now confirmed for Czech game and managed to book a couple sessions in the fanzone at Glasgow Green 🍻
Now hope Glasgow can drop the COVID cases to get into Level 2 🤔

Don CurlyHorny

Sang-Froid
Reaction score
I hate the new phenomenon of everyone in the yobbish crowd throwing full pints of beer up in the air when their team scores, ........ of course you shouldn’t have to worry about getting soaking or hit by a glass Scoops

DCH

scoops

Reaction score
I hate the new phenomenon of everyone in the yobbish crowd throwing full pints of beer up in the air when their team scores, ........ of course you shouldn’t have to worry about getting soaking or hit by a glass Scoops

DCH
I’m too tight for that, bloody waste of beer 🙄
Seemed to happen more near the end of my festival attendances though more than half the time I suspect it wasn’t beer in the pints cups 😳

Don CurlyHorny

Sang-Froid
Reaction score
Roy Keane 😂.... asked Ian Wright just now on ITV commentating during Romania friendly, what Jordan Henderson’s getting picked for if he’s not fit and what is he going to bring .... Wright : “once we get to the semi finals ..” hee hee it’s started already 😂

DCH