Enniscrone Beach .

kenny sloan

Reaction score
Many salmon pass by here heading for the Moy estuary which runs out into this area at top end of the beach beside Bartragh Island .
IMG_0845-001.JPG
IMG_0829-001.JPG

carrowmore

Reaction score
Lovely picture - remember going to the SeaWeed baths at Enniscrone and the shock of a shower of very cold sea water. Used to stay with Mick Eagan at the Links Lodge and fish from his boat on Carrowmore. Happy days.

Spent some very enjoyable days with Mick both on Carrowmore and Conn , a great character.

tenet

Reaction score
Did he tell you the story about having his finger shot off by some IRA bandits when on police duty. As you say a character and together with his lovely wife Sally ran a great B&B.

carrowmore

Reaction score
Did he tell you the story about having his finger shot off by some IRA bandits when on police duty. As you say a character and together with his lovely wife Sally ran a great B&B.

He did indeed . He's a great raconteur and was fond of reciting the poems of WB Yeats when the fishing was quiet. I'm not sure if he's still taking anglers out.

tenet

Reaction score
They sold Links Lodge some years ago and moved up to the village. Saw him a couple of years back at the landing stage - we were being entertained (?) by John Cosgrove. Used to fish at Chew with Mick's English boatman Phil Haley.

ballintemple

Reaction score
My first thoughts were lovely bass beach, fishing in the surf with lugworm.
Brings back memories of the surf fishing on the Dingle peninsula.
Lovely shots by Kenny. And yes they are reminiscent of of the Dingle surf beaches. This is a diversion from salmon fishing, but surfcasting for bass on Fermoyle Strand in the 1980s was one of the most memorable fishing experiences of my life. I have a friend in that part of the world & we walked several times this year on Mount Brandon from where you can see the fulll sweep of those magnificent strands - Fermoyle, Kilcummin etc. Some small school bass are showing up there so maybe one day....

carrowmore

Reaction score
They sold Links Lodge some years ago and moved up to the village. Saw him a couple of years back at the landing stage - we were being entertained (?) by John Cosgrove. Used to fish at Chew with Mick's English boatman Phil Haley.

I spent plenty days afloat with John and Phil , both great guys. Hopefully I'll be back next Spring 🤞

Andrew B

Reaction score
The light at this time of the year is really something and your pics here really reflect that.
I can see why the like of Turner loved to paint at this time.

Salarspeycaster

Reaction score
I fished the Moy estuary in many different places for sea trout and had much success. A fascinating place to fish with a good boatman.