End of Season

simon grace

Reaction score
The end of the Fishing Season heralds the start of the Shooting Season.
The end of the Shooting Season heralds the start of the Fishing Season.
What a year!!
You guys need to get yourself a Dog & Gun..;);):D

Always Blanking

Reaction score
Some hillwalking for me (sort of like shooting, but without the guns).

Also use the close season to follow Partick Thistle FC, just to keep me familiar with failure :(

NIPPON

Reaction score
Scooped...........
Finally got captured to start the decorating I said I would do( back in May), will go at it full throttle, & be at the Pike next weekend....:D:D
NIPPON

Becksbier

Reaction score
Not yet!

Fishing is over up here in Caithness, but November is still all right. Was out a walk on the Thurso River with Geordie Doull. Beat 9 is absolutely hoaching with salmon. We even saw half a dozen at the top of the little side stream that comes off the river to supply the Mill at the top of Beat 8. Bottom of Beat 10 & Top of Beat 12 was the same, so all in all, November is okay. It's December I hate as the Spawning is basically over & the days are too short, but then on 11th January, we start again (64 days to go, not that I'm counting).

miramichi

Reaction score
It would be nice if it were only 64 days in North America. My first cast will be on March 12 in Scotland. At that time the two feet of ice covering the Miramichi will just be starting to thin in the spring sun. We have open water and kelt fishing beginning April 15, though it is an entirely different sport than summer salmon fishing. We won't see our first bright fish until the last few days of May, if we are lucky. The wait gets worse every year.

Along about late Feb. a friend of mine, now gone, who guided on the Miramichi for more than 40 years, used to get dressed up for fishing: waders, vest, fishing hat and all, and sit on the sofa watching Saturday morning fishing shows on TV to help relieve the tension. :D