Eden 2021

Andrew B

Reaction score
What a buzz the Eden is to fish even in March as you know the substantial spring run is just starting to get going.
I’d never thought you’d be able to compare Bywell on the Tyne with Carlisle anglers but I’d bet Carlisle has had a better average re the fewest hours it takes to catch a salmon?

dave_n

Reaction score
What a buzz the Eden is to fish even in March as you know the substantial spring run is just starting to get going.
I’d never thought you’d be able to compare Bywell on the Tyne with Carlisle anglers but I’d bet Carlisle has had a better average re the fewest hours it takes to catch a salmon?
possibly...but we'll never know given that the Eden thread should be re-named 'secret squirrel'

Lancsflyman

Reaction score
possibly...but we'll never know given that the Eden thread should be re-named 'secret squirrel'
You can’t blame them for keeping it quiet..
To many lazy anglers that won’t get out until their hear of fish being caught..
So why should the ones that are prepared to put the hours in, in all weather conditions spill the beans, when their are successful to find out they can’t get on the river, for telling everyone they’ve had a fish...

Eden is one of them river where anglers come from all over to fish it, because it’s easy to get a ticket in CAA

Martin the fisher

Reaction score
6BCFF345-7FA3-4689-AD9A-B1B439F6C16C.jpeg

My 17lber from Friday, a few more caught over the weekend!

Andrew B

Reaction score
Got a belter at 17lb early Friday morning, short fat springer in superb condition.
Oh you beauty and nice one for reporting it. Eden springers are such beautiful fish and I’d bet those who know the river well, could tell the difference between an Eden fish and a Border Esk fish say? I always thought they looked like Tay fish?

Andrew B

Reaction score
I’ve just realised I’m up there for a week on the 22nd of May. Staying at an old mill on the river Marron a trib of the Derwent so all being well I could maybe have a day up at Carlisle which of course is prime time on the Eden I’d say?

Andrew B

Reaction score
You can’t blame them for keeping it quiet..
To many lazy anglers that won’t get out until their hear of fish being caught..
So why should the ones that are prepared to put the hours in, in all weather conditions spill the beans, when their are successful to find out they can’t get on the river, for telling everyone they’ve had a fish...

Eden is one of them river where anglers come from all over to fish it, because it’s easy to get a ticket in CAA

I know what you mean and it’s such poor form anyway to start mythering folk about where exactly did they catch?
Just a shame it has the effect of making folk shut up shop as it were, but I do get it.