Eco Warriors - Banning Meat at Enfield Council

Tyke777

Reaction score
Enfield Council is set to become the first elected body in the UK to ban meat from December 2020 in an attempt to tackle climate change, unbelievably they have just voted on and passed the Enfield climate action plan 2020, a pal who lives in the borough and operates a butchers shop is totally at his wits end, when is the next one to follow the same path? incredulous. ?

The council will offer only vegan or vegetarian options!!

Enfiel.JPG

Cyclops

Sang-Froid
Reaction score
Vegans Lives Matter :rolleyes:

2020, the year when the world truly lost the plot

Neil W

Reaction score
pretty pathetic of them but hardly surprising how things are going in this country

Horsbrugh

Reaction score
Sadly, the poor misguided fools, probably genuinely believe that their pointless action is actually going to make a difference to the worlds climate.
At the end of the day, if you let the lunatics run the asylum, you can’t complain when it all goes a bit weird.

Last edited:

Safranfoer

Reaction score
That sounded so much like an 'EU bans bendy bananas' story designed to manufacture rage that I Googled to get the real story. Like, maybe they'd given an instruction to stop thinking 'meat first' in buffets, or whatever.

Nope. They really have banned meat. For climate change. Right. No one thought about introducing a local/seasonal/ethical supply chain policy. Just - ban the meat.

Insane, and utterly pointless.

Elibank

Reaction score
Can’t beat a barmy Labour council - did they not get an apology from The Sunday Times who’d referred to a dozen of a new council as “The Clan”?
Sheffielders are well versed in this type of crap, we’ve had one since God were a lad....

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Can’t beat a barmy Labour council - did they not get an apology from The Sunday Times who’d referred to a dozen of a new council as “The Clan”?
Sheffielders are well versed in this type of crap, we’ve had one since God were a lad....
Sheffield council is AWFUL. Hard agree.

Walleye

Reaction score
Hope no one will be driving to these meetings and all riding bicycles made of bamboo and hemp

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
The last charity event I went to where councillors attended, I spent 10 minutes chatting with the chauffeurs outside. There were two black limos outside and they were used to pick up the mayor and a couple of councillors from less than 1 mile away, hang around for 3 hours during the event and then drive them home and I assume take the cars back to a depot.
All that taxpayers money wasted when the councillors could have walked, like most other people, to the event in the centre of a small town.
I have no time for councils and councillors. As far as I am aware they serve no purpose other than to justify their own existence. Scrap the lot, and their vegan menus. Cows fart, get over it.

ACW

Reaction score
Veganish thoughts have consquences.remember that office space company Wework,my ex company did food for them ,all had to be nonmeat.3 summers ago they had a huge festival ,where we catered for some low thousands ,strangely the fish option was the most popular.
wework went down the pan sometime last year,without the aid of covid19

Rrrr

Reaction score
The last charity event I went to where councillors attended, I spent 10 minutes chatting with the chauffeurs outside. There were two black limos outside and they were used to pick up the mayor and a couple of councillors from less than 1 mile away, hang around for 3 hours during the event and then drive them home and I assume take the cars back to a depot.
All that taxpayers money wasted when the councillors could have walked, like most other people, to the event in the centre of a small town.
I have no time for councils and councillors. As far as I am aware they serve no purpose other than to justify their own existence. Scrap the lot, and their vegan menus. Cows fart, get over it.
They are great at wasting money. At the moment in my town they are busy wasting 7 million digging up the cong burn in the market place as they burried it years ago. Its meant to boost tourism. What theyve managed to do is wreck the market that was on 3 days a week and brought people into the town.
It really bugs me as weve been fighting them gor years for transport to school for my autisic son and they say there isnt the money available so my wife gets 4 busses a day instead.

Walleye

Reaction score
They are great at wasting money. At the moment in my town they are busy wasting 7 million digging up the cong burn in the market place as they burried it years ago. Its meant to boost tourism. What theyve managed to do is wreck the market that was on 3 days a week and brought people into the town.
It really bugs me as weve been fighting them gor years for transport to school for my autisic son and they say there isnt the money available so my wife gets 4 busses a day instead.

They have no idea. My council is run by two family cliques and they basically run it to make sure everyone gets a turn at being mayor. Any newcomers are quite aggressively dealt with but in the clique you can do what you like.

Rrrr

Reaction score
They have no idea. My council is run by two family cliques and they basically run it to make sure everyone gets a turn at being mayor. Any newcomers are quite aggressively dealt with but in the clique you can do what you like.
Sounds like our lot. They avoid dealing with things by pretending to be on leave and managed to "loose" or "forget" complaints sent in.
Luckily our local mp is a good guy and gets stuck into them when they dont play by the rules.