Earn 2021

strowan lea

Reaction score
One thing about the extra water being released from Loch Earn is it usually scuppers the last hour before dark . Before the last 2 flow increases, I was seeing and hearing the odd st, with at least parr and brownies taking....last night, nothing! The water is definately colder.

bradan

Reaction score
Hot weather and so of course the farmers are busy sucking gallons of water out of the river 24/7. I wonder how many are doing so without an Abstraction Licence. Are such licences publish for public scrutiny?

goosander

Reaction score
Hot weather and so of course the farmers are busy sucking gallons of water out of the river 24/7. I wonder how many are doing so without an Abstraction Licence. Are such licences publish for public scrutiny?
The only people that care about the river are us fishers. Most of the rest look on it as a money thing.
Bob.

goosander

Reaction score
Spent the day strimming on one of the best pool on the river and not a splash although the river looked good.
Do not like to fish with the water being so hot as the fish have enough bother without me playing them and then getting enough oxygen. Would add that this is only my personal view.
Bob.

bradan

Reaction score
A fair amount of rain forecast over the next few days. Should bring some fish up. Heard of a grilse lost yesterday.

bradan

Reaction score
Good numbers of sea trout being reported on the Crieff and Comrie waters. One of about 2lb last night.
20210810_192406.jpg

bradan

Reaction score
Good water yesterday, surprising no to see other anglers out. Lots of good sea trout about and a 10-12lber on Creiff water for a lucky member this week.

Attachments

• 20210813_(10-12lb.jpg
    20210813_(10-12lb.jpg
    760.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited: