Earn 2021

The Fillan

Reaction score
Anyone been out, Broonies were on the feed last week but no tourists to be seen? Kinkell bridge reports seem quiet.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Gave my pal a shot of my rod. 3 casts later
20210410_152241.jpg

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Be a few folk on here sick there’s photos of fish at Kinkell.
Well done on the fish and the photo ☺️
I believe its a stipulation on that beat now to photograph any fish caught.
There's hardly been any caught lately but a few here and there if you fish hard for them

Auldghillie

Reaction score
I believe its a stipulation on that beat now to photograph any fish caught.
There's hardly been any caught lately but a few here and there if you fish hard for them
How pathetic is that. I netted a fish for a beginner last year after giving him courtesy down the pool. It ended up the fish played him until I issued strong advice. His reply was he was happy to play it out all day. At which point stronger words were issued.

After netting it for him he then pissed about taking photographs. Sport, I think not - salmon fishing has become a joke. AG

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
How pathetic is that. I netted a fish for a beginner last year after giving him courtesy down the pool. It ended up the fish played him until I issued strong advice. His reply was he was happy to play it out all day. At which point stronger words were issued.

After netting it for him he then pissed about taking photographs. Sport, I think not - salmon fishing has become a joke. AG
Can't blame folk for wanting a photo of the fish especially now you can't keep most of them. I can also understand the beat wanting pics of their catches to promote the beat.
Playing a fish for ages unnecessarily is a dick of thing to do.
Quick pic then on its way no probs

Andrew B

Reaction score
If could only make more rods that don't blank Alan.
Yes it's landed 5 now.
Not a Dr. P fly. I'm saving them.
It was a big GBWG. That's the 3rd springer landed on that fly also
What kind of wizardry is this? I know they’re probably thin on the ground in Dundee but I’m guessing you sacrificed a few virgins to get results like this🤯🤯

Andrew B

Reaction score
Can't blame folk for wanting a photo of the fish especially now you can't keep most of them. I can also understand the beat wanting pics of their catches to promote the beat.
Playing a fish for ages unnecessarily is a dick of thing to do.
Quick pic then on its way no probs

It’s pretty much a death sentence for early springers. I’ve spoken to folk cleverer than me about this as to what’s going on with bright early fish and their susceptible to being over played and even getting banged on the rocks?
I’ve seen these big clean fish on the Lyn in Devon and how they go belly up in days with fungus.
Those running the Tay hatchery said that just taking the fish out of the water is equivalent to them getting burned.

RB34

Reaction score
Why should anyone be sick at a sight of a lovely fish. To see a photo of a fish from Kinkell is a rare thing. Happy just to know that there are sea licers about.
Bob.

my point Goosander was more around folk saying Kinkell don’t actually catch the fish they record as there’s never photos
I’ve seen a good few photos of Kinkell fish so far this year . Hence folk on here will be gutted there’s now proof .

Obviously not aimed at the captor and his lovely fish.

Last edited:

Auldghillie

Reaction score
It’s pretty much a death sentence for early springers. I’ve spoken to folk cleverer than me about this as to what’s going on with bright early fish and their susceptible to being over played and even getting banged on the rocks?
I’ve seen these big clean fish on the Lyn in Devon and how they go belly up in days with fungus.
Those running the Tay hatchery said that just taking the fish out of the water is equivalent to them getting burned.
That’s also my view, especially handling fish with dry hands. I know this does not go down well with the C & R brigade, including several good friends. Nor do I want to open that debate.

What some rods may not realise is that much springer spawn is unfit by autumn in some years due to fish losing fitness. The catch rate on that group is also much higher than that for later-running fish. Then scale loss from sea-liced fish can be extensive and I’ve landed many for folk. The opposing views are not easy to reconcile currently As many rods want to fish on Whatever the cost. Obviously I understand rods wanting to photograph specimen fish but not out of water please. AG

Last edited: