Earn 2021

The Fillan

Reaction score
Dentist check up in Crieff today so would be rude not to have a wee cast after it, tad high at just under a metre at Kinkell Bridge so maybe wander down to Dornoch where it's a bit slower.

bradan

Reaction score
I was down for a couple of hours nearly every day last week Alistair, and never seen as much as a splash. Weather looks good for this week so no doubt I'll be back out.

Al be seein ye in the next couple of days anyway mucker.
Other than coming over the Dornoch dam, one is very unlikely to see fish splashing on the upper beats at this time of year with the water so cold. Doesn't mean that they aren't there though.

Salty sea dog

Reaction score
Other than coming over the Dornoch dam, one is very unlikely to see fish splashing on the upper beats at this time of year with the water so cold. Doesn't mean that they aren't there though.
It's usually been end of April start of May before I've had a fish. It's been a long time since I've got one this time of year..I was still on the trawlers at the time so it was before 05...on the Don.
I usually wait until I think all the kelts are away before I start fishing...I don't like catching them.

strowan lea

Reaction score
I was down for a couple of hours nearly every day last week Alistair, and never seen as much as a splash. Weather looks good for this week so no doubt I'll be back out.

Al be seein ye in the next couple of days anyway mucker.
Theres life in the old dog yet it seems! Got to agree with Peter, not likely to see them but got to be a fish there somewhere..... didn't you get an early fish last year? I be down later this week but have a date with a springer on wed at Pitlochry first! (I hope)😙

strowan lea

Reaction score
Remember, it is subject to the restrictions contained within the Sandy@kinkellfishings##copyright##regulations that have previously restrained the unsolicited publication of photographs on the world wide web.:D
I can only say in my best Paul Whitehouse parlance.... "not a lot of people know that"
1615840755330.png

The Fillan

Reaction score
Was out for a few hours and nothing doing albeit spent most of time enjoying the sunshine with feet up after discovering my waders need replaced although my mate had a kelt of around 5lbs on the Drummond Castle beat.

bradan

Reaction score
Was out for a few hours and nothing doing albeit spent most of time enjoying the sunshine with feet up after discovering my waders need replaced although my mate had a kelt of around 5lbs on the Drummond Castle beat.
I was likewise out. So good to have some time on the water. It had dropped a little and I fihsed more in hope than expectation. I would expect the next descent rise to bring fish over Colquhylie.