Earn 2021

bradan

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard what the total catch for the river last season was.
Thanks.
Bob.
It's not been reported via REIA yet so I guess that there are still some outstanding returns to come in. It's usually the private beats that are late. :rolleyes:

kreid

Reaction score
well...who will be doon the water on Monday? I will! By the way, I am ahead of the game with a sea trout already, caught on the last day of the Grayling season on float and maggot, minted, pound and a half, so there are fish about. I also had 2 finnock over the winter inc a wee bar of silver at coutts dam. You gotta be in it to winit!

keirstream

Reaction score
I'm like Bob. As dearly as I'd love to be up in the Middle river on Monday, I'm rather afraid that our heavily politicised
Polis force (Revenue Raising Department) has curbed my enthusiasm somewhat.:(
I have, however, secured an opening day rod on the Lower Teith, which, unless our divine leader changer her mind (again)
is within my scope for movement unhindered. So, chances, chances as they say.
Tell you what I do miss though is the ability to click on an app and instantly read the current water levels.
I have no means of knowing and it reminds me of the days before such mystic interventions when you just went
fishing and found out the level when you got there.
Anyway, fair weather or foul, I'll be out for a few hours on Monday.:)
Good luck to all on the Earn and give her my best wishes.(y)

goosander

Reaction score
I'm like Bob. As dearly as I'd love to be up in the Middle river on Monday, I'm rather afraid that our heavily politicised
Polis force (Revenue Raising Department) has curbed my enthusiasm somewhat.:(
I have, however, secured an opening day rod on the Lower Teith, which, unless our divine leader changer her mind (again)
is within my scope for movement unhindered. So, chances, chances as they say.
Tell you what I do miss though is the ability to click on an app and instantly read the current water levels.
I have no means of knowing and it reminds me of the days before such mystic interventions when you just went
fishing and found out the level when you got there.
Anyway, fair weather or foul, I'll be out for a few hours on Monday.:)
Good luck to all on the Earn and give her my best wishes.(y)
A friend who had taken his dog out for a walk to his local river received a £200. fine. They took his car reg and got his address from that.. Great how we are blamed for spreading this virus but it was not us that did not shut down last year or over the years cutting the number of hospital beds.
Bob.

bradan

Reaction score
Dornoch looking good for Monday.
20210130_Dornoch.jpg

kinnaber

Reaction score
With ongoing COVID compliance issues authorities have had to adopt a more visible presence with enforcement . Walking your dog seems a tad extreme . I hope with consideration to the rules on social distancing , gatherings and travel restrictions there are no random checks on opening day ceremonies for those clubs stupid enough to promote them ?

bradan

Reaction score
Gosh, they're busy at the moment. They have taken down a good few on this island and working their way through others. This will take a work part to clear out the damage.

Attachments

• 20210207_Beaver Damage.jpg
    20210207_Beaver Damage.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 88

NEbody

Reaction score
Anyone seen how high the river is. Lost without the S.E.P.A. gauge.
Bob.
The Farson webcam at Crieff is still working

goosander

Reaction score
The Farson webcam at Crieff is still working
Thank you for that.
Bob.

bradan

Reaction score
The Secretary of Crieff AC will be retiring in the summer and we are looking is looking for a replacement. The post holder receives free membership and honorarium. Anyone interested, please PM me.

strowan lea

Reaction score
Saw that Bob! Thats him off and running again 😁..... Earn is up a bit this morning after last nights mild rain. Wouldn't be surprised if theres a fish about!

Salty sea dog

Reaction score
Saw that Bob! Thats him off and running again 😁..... Earn is up a bit this morning after last nights mild rain. Wouldn't be surprised if theres a fish about!
I was down for a couple of hours nearly every day last week Alistair, and never seen as much as a splash. Weather looks good for this week so no doubt I'll be back out.

Al be seein ye in the next couple of days anyway mucker.