DTX S/H - DTX Spey

RUSH

Reaction score
Is there a great deal of difference between these rods? Would they be just as comfortable using either line?

It might be better in the mackenzie section rather than the Diawa ;)

Hemmy

Reaction score
Horses for courses .....completely different actions.....although the "Spey" as you call it will do both

rs2ford

Reaction score
I have owned/fished both the spey and SH rods and have to say Neil that I much prefer the spey because they work well with both lines and are a bit more forgiving. I found the SH handles too thick, though I think he has got it right with the new Atlas handles. Not had a cast with one of these yet but would like to;)

cheers Diarmid.

NMG

Reaction score
Cheers Diarmid

I loved the sh one I got from you last year and just bought the spey for a friend, we are on the Tay next week and will try both out.

You've had your share of rods lol. Ever fished with the alltmor 15'?

rs2ford

Reaction score
Cheers Diarmid

I loved the sh one I Never from you last year and just goodght the spey for a friend, we are on the Tay next week and will try both out.

You've had your share of rods lol. Ever fished with the alltmor 15'?

It was the spey you got from me not the shooting head. Never tried the alltmor is it any good?

NMG

Reaction score
Hahahahaha! Thought it was the SH one, even better then as the boy I got the other for will know how much I loved it.

Going to give it a cast next week also, was just going to check on line recommendations, but it feels like it would cast just about anything, used the trout rods for years and they are great.

Last edited:

bankwheel

Reaction score
Neil, I loved the 14 foot SH rod, wish I had kept it, will buy it agin if I see one