Drams for the salmon fishing!!

westie4566

Reaction score
Having a good night so far.
Theres also some free Fettercairn samples of 16yo and 11yo single cask.
The Hibiki is very nice, if a little sweet.
The dailuine is lovely.
You've got well down that Glencadam Alan....good man! (y) :LOL:

ibm59

Reaction score
Wee present to myself.

5745E237-3B58-4F87-8510-98279C40E31C.jpeg

westie4566

Reaction score
Not a year I've tried, but would be surprised if it wasn't rather pleasant. Get stuck in and let us know (y) :p

Piciowitka

Reaction score
A few winters ago (might even have been the horrendous 2010 winter) a bloke I know helped construct some of the subsurface stuff for the new building. He reckons it would have been the most miserable job ever except for the generous nature of the clients towards the divers - who were all staying in the same local cottage - and kept them well supplied:)

Missingfishing

Reaction score
I see that Asda is advertising Bowmore 12 year old at £27.00 a bottle with Morrison selling the same for 25.00. No doubt hoping for good sales in preparation for Monday (Burns Night). I may just invest in a bottle.

mows

Reaction score
Not for drinking, though i like whyte and Makay.
I already have one but wanted 2.
One for each son.
Finally got this one at auction last week.
Been looking for a few years.
It only cost £75.
Its from the 80s and is a replica of the Fettercairn still at the time, including dimples.
The gent on the right of the card is my dad from when he was the stillman.

20210211_133426.jpg

luney

Reaction score
What a fantastic tale mows, I'm sure your boys will be delighted to have them🥃👍

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (werethereagodit'dbegod'sowncountry)
Fine idea, much better than mine. Bought a bottle when they were born, and I was even dafter than now.

21 year old wine (especially RSA stuff) tastes rubbish with all the sludge...!

Back on the proper stuff, anyone else finding it harder to flatten the malt bottles in Lockdown? Maybe it's the lack of fishing but there seem to be more on my shelf than a year ago (I kept bringing them in duty free).

Bradan_eire_alba

Reaction score
I bought this for a week of fishing and drinking with friends that was booked for March. Now of course cancelled and the boredom has meant I've worked my way through it myself. Over the past month I may add. I'm not a big drinker of Whisky and would normally only have it with friends who know a lot more than me. I did really enjoy this but not cheap and maybe a lot of nonsense for the price but my pal swears by it for a treat. Will buy another for the rearranged dates and hopefully hold off opening it ha as it's just not the same drinking with the wife ha. I'm ready to get out seeing friends, family, strangers, fishing etc from mid March. Hopefully we'll be let out by then, fingers crossed. Tight lines and here's to hopefully plenty of social drinking for us all soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20210212_220847885.jpg
    IMG_20210212_220847885.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39