Drams for the salmon fishing!!

ibm59

Reaction score
Was trying to get another Fettercairn 16 yesterday, but completely sold out.
Campbeltown , and Islay , whiskies have become firm favourites with flippers.
‘It’s becoming increasingly difficult to pick up anything other than core range bottlings.
‘Special bottlings are appearing on auction sites within hours of release , often at greatly increased prices.

Sad situation.

ibm59

Reaction score
Found this lurking at the back of the whisky wardrobe
Nice example of unpeated CI👍
No sting even at 59.6%
Instant haze at even the slightest drop of water.

80CF372A-7C04-4C38-A6DC-8DEF5C4C4E65.jpeg

luney

Reaction score
Campbeltown , and Islay , whiskies have become firm favourites with flippers.
‘It’s becoming increasingly difficult to pick up anything other than core range bottlings.
‘Special bottlings are appearing on auction sites within hours of release , often at greatly increased prices.

Sad situation.
With you on the Campletown's but tried the Ardbeg and nearly left it on the bar. Drinking Germoline if any of yous remember that stuff. Ointment for cuts and bruises. Awful stuff never tried anything off the Island since.
16075495684199050961984629299722.jpg

mows

Reaction score
Any thoughts on glenfiddich 12..is in Co op cheap.
Nothing wrong with it.
Forget what everyone else says.
Drink what you like.
Older whisky isn't always better.
Just more expensive, due to extra evaporation and time to realise a return.
And in the last few years, a huge mark up because all us suckers seem happy to pay it.
One of my favourite drams is whyte and mackay blend.

charlieH

Reaction score
Got this as a Sample , has anyone ever heard of it.

I'm guessing from the label that yours is Hungarian. I've not had the Hungarian version, but have tried Palinca in Romania (which has a significant ethnic Hungarian population).

Basically, it's a sort of eau de vie based on fruit, usually plums, and I think is quite widely made locally. If you like firewater - as I do - you'll probably like it. Otherwise use it for setting fire to the Christmas pudding, or polishing the brass on your front door.

Lamson v10

Reaction score
What do you think of the batch no7 GK? I've a bottle of the batch no7 and no8 both unopened yet

ibm59

Reaction score
The cask strength Glengoynes are pretty safe buys. 👍
They’re also a good starting point for anyone looking beyond the bog standard 40% abv malts found on supermarket shelves
I still have a couple of batch 3s stashed away. 😉

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
What do you think of the batch no7 GK? I've a bottle of the batch no7 and no8 both unopened yet

It’s a lovely drop Lamson. Tried my first Glengoyne (12YO) last month and liked it so much that I went back for the 18 as a ‘present’😂. Sadly, the 18 had sold out, luckily the cask strength hadn’t. As B says below, it’s a safe bet, a lovely rich taste and one of the few where I find the tasting notes match what I get on my palate as it sinks down..

You owe it to yourself to uncork it ASAP😂.

westie4566

Reaction score
The cask strength Glengoynes are pretty safe buys. 👍
They’re also a good starting point for anyone looking beyond the bog standard 40% abv malts found on supermarket shelves
I still have a couple of batch 3s stashed away. 😉
I've a batch 1 stashed too - must get round to opening some day. Had a 3 as well, it was lovely.