Drams for the salmon fishing!!

luney

Reaction score
Jesus Mows,
You must give him a hell of a tip at Christmas for him to fetch you yon bottles???
Very nice drams Indeed

westie4566

Reaction score
Oooh, look what the postman brought!View attachment 48844
Looking forward to trying out the 16.
Lazy burger, it's only just roond the corner - you could have walked ?

Looks braw mind! My postie delivered a bottle of Balvenie 'The Sweet taste of American Oak' 12 yr old yesterday. Had a wee snifter last night, it's rather nice!

mows

Reaction score
Turns out the 16yo is fine.
46 proof so quite strong.
Just ok straight, but as soon as you put in a wee drop of water it turns into a fine dram.
12yo would still be my first choice though.

silver surfer

Reaction score
Macallan 18yro!

the price of that vertical would put me horizontal.

Some decent bargains on the shelfs as the supermarkets price war starts to shift gears.
Also the min unit price in the knorff of border means the dearer stuff is able to compete imo.
Top shelf bargain time coming imo.

Don't drink but enjoy bargain hunting, found Cardhu gold reserve under 25 and a bottle of Glenmorangie original 10yro (could drink that for breakfast) at the same price.

Last edited:

ibm59

Reaction score
Michty yer slipping, B ?
I succumbed
Not normally a fan of Leapfrog , but this is mighty fine and quite gentle for a 60% dram..

F9F092E1-D857-4984-81E2-9A70A10CC346.jpeg

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
I succumbed
Not normally a fan of Leapfrog , but this is mighty fine and quite gentle for a 60% dram..

View attachment 49390

That is a nice drop B

Like you, not previously much of a fan, but I the single nicest dram I’ve had was an independent 21 YO laphroig. Tried it at a tasting night, it was the only bottle of 10 or so that we finished and the only disappointment was that everyone else liked it too!

uplands50

Reaction score
Tamnavulin £19.99 at Morrison’s and Highland Park £22, Got few bottles for my Trip this week to the Beauly and Farrar.???

Stingray

Reaction score
1/ Lagavulin 15 year old
2/ Old Pulteney

are my two favorites.

Also I love the Irish...
Red Breast and Tealing

... I'm not sure if that's allowed on a Scottish river though?

pojenjatixn

Reaction score
Hi Gav,
Oh, dear,
One of my favorite commercially available whisky's is The Glenfiddich Solara Reserve 15yr old. This will happen with good friends every friend is Kamina umm al quwain fishing spot. there's a fine line between presentable and delectable so we have to don't be smart every time. Get the Daluaine from Tyndrum welly boot shop. And make up your last year enjoyable.

johnwest

Reaction score
Jura Journey £22.00 @ Sainsbury’s yesterday....’ave it!
Yep good deals in sainsbury got a 12 year Old Pulteny £25 There are some good supermarket deals but in the last year I have only bought stated age whiskies I think a lot of companys are punting bottles with names on labels but no age so question to the experts on here at what age can a single malt be bottled cheers

JoeE

Reaction score
Yep good deals in sainsbury got a 12 year Old Pulteny £25 There are some good supermarket deals but in the last year I have only bought stated age whiskies I think a lot of companys are punting bottles with names on labels but no age so question to the experts on here at what age can a single malt be bottled cheers

3 is the min age for it to be considered a single malt

westie4566

Reaction score
Took delivery of a bottle of 18 year old 'The Allardice', Glendronach yesterday - dunno if it'll see the fishing, yet aside the back end of Christmas Day, lol.

A wee treat to myself after a s'hite year.

luney

Reaction score
Took delivery of a bottle of 18 year old 'The Allardice', Glendronach yesterday - dunno if it'll see the fishing, yet aside the back end of Christmas Day, lol.

A wee treat to myself after a s'hite year.
Got one myself Westie, I'm saving it for Christmas Day. Have to keep telling the Oldest lad not to crack it open.

mows

Reaction score
Was trying to get another Fettercairn 16 yesterday, but completely sold out.