Drams for the salmon fishing!!

T

TonyPrior

HERE GOES AGAIN. Anybody want to come with us? All done by thursday from sun night ooppssss!

[/IMG]
Woa - some serious stuff there! I find Speyburn a little bland, and I just can't get my head round those unpeated Bruichladdichs. And Springbank has been naughty with adding a few quid to the price, and bottling unaged CVs (even Longrow as well!) i.e. young malts, since it got cult status. Used to be my favourite when I lived nearby...the standard was 12yo...ahh, but they were humbler then, and used to gie you a free dram, a large one, in Eaglesome's, C'town, when we bought a piece at dinnertime, fishing the Lussa, glory be! The best dram of all is the one in your glass, though...may it aye be a big one in a big glass, in good company, and another two or three to follow!
PS Love of the moment...anything cask strength...esp A' Bunadh at £30! :D

kgm

Reaction score
Ship in a bottle

The ship in the bottle on top of the whisky's was given to my great grand dad, Kenneth Gunn, in prison in the Netherlands during the second world war.

Dram if you can name the picture in the background :confused:

thejosler

Reaction score
The ship in the bottle on top of the whisky's was given to my great grand dad, Kenneth Gunn, in prison in the Netherlands during the second world war.

Dram if you can name the picture in the background :confused:
Like your wartime memo, never forget these people
Re the picture" The Castle With Kennies Reflection" no ?

keirstream

Reaction score
Let me quess ??:confused:
The three at the back wouldn,t be Bowmore perchance:confused:
Aye, a trio of mouthwashes in there.:(
Some folk would kill for a dram of Bowmore, Lagavullin or Talisker.:confused:
I would probably be tempted to kill anyone who offered me any of the above in preference to the other classic drops o nectar on display there.:)
Can't get to grips with the extreme differences between the brash, salty peaty island concoctions and the soft, subtle almost fruity North Eastern creations.:cool:

Treasure The Balvenie, McCallans and Glenfarclas forever.
Consign the island trio to mouthwash and false teeth cleaning duties.:rolleyes:

thejosler

Reaction score
I would probably be tempted to KILL anyone who offered me any of the above in preference to the other classic drops o nectar on display there.:)
Can't get to grips with the extreme differences between the brash, salty peaty island concoctions and the soft, subtle almost fruity North Eastern creations.:cool:

"Krankie,get yer coat" we,re on the group captains hit list
I,m off to pastures new.

Last edited:
T

TonyPrior

Best of 3 then?

The Gallery of Moddren Art?

Make it an Ardbeg, please.

Last edited:

kgm

Reaction score
I would probably be tempted to kill anyone who offered me any of the above in preference to the other classic drops o nectar on display there.:)

Mouthwash, you must be spoilt rotten:)

I have paddy, powers, bushmills and Jameson for that !!! The Irish red breast is mighty fine though, stands shoulder tae shoulder with most of our top Scottish malts

keirstream

Reaction score
"Krankie,get yer coat" we,re on the group captains hit list
I,m off to pastures new.
A futile maneouvre.:)
My Balvenie sponsored spy sattelite has already beamed your movements to the very screen I am working on now.:)
Your days are numbered, the Front For The Protection of The True Uisge Beatha soon track down and destroy Philistines like youself.:(

keirstream

Reaction score
Mouthwash, you must be spoilt rotten:)
I have paddy, powers, bushmills and Jameson for that !!!
Yes, you are correct.:(
I may have been a bit impetuous.:)
With those brands in mind I have elevated our Island malts to cleaning the household brasses.:cool:

Last edited:

thejosler

Reaction score
A futile maneouvre.:)
My Balvenie sponsored spy sattelite has already beamed your movements to the very screen I am working on now.:)
Your days are numbered, the Front For The Protection of The True Uisge Beatha soon track down and destroy Philistines like youself.:(
"Phew saved "
After glenogles latest post on the Tieth thread ,I,ll be able to use his return ticket to Oz
Can,t see him surviving much longer
And your sattelite ,shouldn,t pick me up down an ozzy coal mine,
Krankie ,however is a logistic problem
What about I withdraw my offer of the brasso,
You get Krankie ,and I head for oz, untracked.

Oh, and I,m not a philistine my real names joslerstien.

Last edited:

salar35

Banned
Reaction score
Think you'll find Glenmorangie is in Tain not Golspie. As for a good dram Scapa 12 ( nice n spicy)
Laphroaig 10 ( nice n smokey)
Just came across this, two months late. Ye're quite right BB.......dunno how that happened, and I cannae even blame the drink as I wrote it by day. you'll get a dram from me if we meet up by a river sometime.

salar35

Banned
Reaction score
I have never been a whisky drinker and always preferred the richer taste of Rum.. but then I hadn't ever been Salmon fishing either.. then ---
I was accepted for a couple of days to Middle Drum and there received my baptism in both Salmon Angling and Whisky appreciation. I'm not sure which was the best of the whisky but I found I really liked the Macallan, and the Glenlivet, and I now have the odd one or three when i am sitting trying to improve the heads of my Flies. Perhaps this is the reason why they always look untidy!!
As for Cambelltown, I was given a Present a few years ago - still unopened - from the last batch ever made at the Distillery there. It is called Springbank and I am hoping it is not just the dregs of the barrel. It is safely tucked away for now, along with a few other bottles of stuff accumulated over the years, and will only be opened when ............
(perhaps you might like to think of an occasion worthy of the opening )
Aye, John, if the SG gets AIG and tells us what is happening with the Statutory Instrument for the Season Extension, you'll be adding to your education yet again on both fronts and Sandra will be in control of the wheels!

Last edited:

keirstream

Reaction score
Just came across this, two months late. Ye're quite right BB.
There may be something on the box, a wee clue perhaps, that alludes to the origins of that particular work of art.:)
"Crafted by the 7 men of Tain"
At last Salar35, your credentials have been trashed.:(
Whisky tasting expert no more----you have been outed as a mere mortal.:cool:

thejosler

Reaction score
There may be something on the box, a wee clue perhaps, that alludes to the origins of that particular work of art.:)
"Crafted by the 7 men of Tain"
At last Salar35, your credentials have been trashed.:(
Whisky tasting expert no more----you have been outed as a mere mortal.:cool:
In an effort to take the APB of my head can I offer you the following ?

keirstream

Reaction score
Last edited:

Denfield Bud

Reaction score
Great Dram

I love having a wee taster of Glava with me at the fishin.
I prefer whisky what has matured in sherry cask's,lovely.
DRAMS a many,but favourite without a doubt would be GLENDRONACH 33yr old,stopped last year.
The Glendronach Distillery - 33 year old
I bought as an investment,a bottle of 31yr old Grandeur,which has had to go up the loft incase i come in one night and crack it.
31 Year Old
If your looking for a bottle to share with friends the 12yr old is as good as any.
The Glendronach Distillery - 12 Year Old