Double hander fly line

Greegs

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new fly line (floater) to fish on my 12ft Loop Grey Line.
Not sure what I'm after but I need something to load the rod in tight spaces.
I currently fish a snowbee xs sink tip on it & wondering if anyone has experience of this rod & a good set up for it.

dexterbuchanan1

Reaction score
I think the snowbee xs is a trout line and as such would be too light on a double hander I have a few lines you can try on your rod,short compact scandi lines and shooting heads which are just the job for space thats tight your welcome to pm me and arrange something,

Greegs

Reaction score
I think the snowbee xs is a trout line and as such would be too light on a double hander I have a few lines you can try on your rod,short compact scandi lines and shooting heads which are just the job for space thats tight your welcome to pm me and arrange something,

That's a great offer DexterB thanks very much.
I can't remember if it is a trout line or a light Spey line, I've had it for years & I've that many lines for numerous rods without them marked..
I don't think I've used the rod for 3 seasons as I've been fishing with my 13ft 2in yellow line when I've had a chance to get out.
Stepping down to a lighter set up..
Where are you based Dexter?

dexterbuchanan1

Reaction score
I live in Ayr,your welcome to come all to Stair Bridge on the river Ayr we have a casting class every 2nd Sunday next is 30th March,you can try a few lines on your rod and see what suits you and your needs before you buy anything

Greegs

Reaction score
I live in Ayr,your welcome to come all to Stair Bridge on the river Ayr we have a casting class every 2nd Sunday next is 30th March,you can try a few lines on your rod and see what suits you and your needs before you buy anything

Ah?? I was meant to come down before with Peter!!
Will try & make it down to the next one. ?
Cheers Steven..

ps, I was on that syndicate for a few years but dropped out last year.

dexterbuchanan1

Reaction score
Ah?? I was meant to come down before with Peter!!
Will try & make it down to the next one. ��
Cheers Steven..

ps, I was on that syndicate for a few years but dropped out last year.

your very welcome Steven,if you can't make it on that day ,pm me we can arrange something else im usually off a day or two during the week( flexible hours at work)

Greegs

Reaction score
your very welcome Steven,if you can't make it on that day ,pm me we can arrange something else im usually off a day or two during the week( flexible hours at work)

Thanks again..
I wish I could get a few days off during the week.
I'm usually flat out at work trying to get walls & floors tiled so stew1 & his cronies can get in & get things spick n span..
Should be good for the 30th..
What times kick off & is it weather permitting??

dexterbuchanan1

Reaction score
time is 11am to whenever! ,weather dependent is up to the individuals,If your already spey casting,I however like to practice in any weather so im ready and well rehearsed in many weather conditions and water heights, so I'll be there in anything but a flood

Greegs

Reaction score
time is 11am to whenever! ,weather dependent is up to the individuals,If your already spey casting,I however like to practice in any weather so im ready and well rehearsed in many weather conditions and water heights, so I'll be there in anything but a flood

I'm Spey casting but I wouldn't say I'm anything spectacular in the fine art!!
I can get a flee in the watter as they say.. ?

Greegs

Reaction score
Dexter, a big thank you for today.
I had a good few hours on the water & your expertise & keen eye have helped me no end.
What I learned today will go a long way (hopefully from the end of my rod tip ?)
A big thanks again.. ??

dexterbuchanan1

Reaction score
Dexter, a big thank you for today.
I had a good few hours on the water & your expertise & keen eye have helped me no end.
What I learned today will go a long way (hopefully from the end of my rod tip ��)
A big thanks again.. ����

your very welcome mate! An easy day with little need to repeat myself,and that was down to you! All the best steve