Doggy Photo's

paddymc

Reaction score
3BD9DA2E-A794-4AC5-90B6-83AA8714D572.jpeg

Feel for the wee woman this past few weeks☹️

She was diagnosed as being diabetic 7 or 8 weeks ago. She was really difficult to get under control, and the vet suggested removing her womb, in attempt to help with that, and also ensure no future infection there. Whilst under GA I suggested a full dental as well. Net result, the wee woman came home on Thursday, minus a womb and minus 10 incisor teeth😭😱

She is a hardy wee buck and is already doing better than she was pre-op. For now she just wants to chill👍🙂

westie4566

Reaction score
View attachment 69113

Feel for the wee woman this past few weeks☹️

She was diagnosed as being diabetic 7 or 8 weeks ago. She was really difficult to get under control, and the vet suggested removing her womb, in attempt to help with that, and also ensure no future infection there. Whilst under GA I suggested a full dental as well. Net result, the wee woman came home on Thursday, minus a womb and minus 10 incisor teeth😭😱

She is a hardy wee buck and is already doing better than she was pre-op. For now she just wants to chill👍🙂
How old is the wee lass Paddy? If she's happy then that's the main thing(y)

paddymc

Reaction score
How old is the wee lass Paddy? If she's happy then that's the main thing(y)
She’s 9 Andy.

The op was great for her. Really perked up already and her recent ongoing conjunctivitis has disappeared overnight too👍

Beforehand, we felt like she was slowly slipping away from us, but everything looks promising now🤞🙏

westie4566

Reaction score
She’s 9 Andy.

The op was great for her. Really perked up already and her recent ongoing conjunctivitis has disappeared overnight too👍

Beforehand, we felt like she was slowly slipping away from us, but everything looks promising now🤞🙏
9 is young for a wee dug Paddy. However really glad to hear that the wee lass has perked up nae end...she's a wee cutie :love:

Niamh is 9 past August and still full of fire, wee Maggie is 14 1 /2 and despite a wee bit of slightly fading eyesight is still full of beans.

Re conjunctivitis, I don't think I've had a dug that hasn't had it at some point. Keep a tube of Goldeneye in the fridge and administer at the first signs(y)

Here's to your wee girls continued recovery!

paddymc

Reaction score
9 is young for a wee dug Paddy. However really glad to hear that the wee lass has perked up nae end...she's a wee cutie :love:

Niamh is 9 past August and still full of fire, wee Maggie is 14 1 /2 and despite a wee bit of slightly fading eyesight is still full of beans.

Re conjunctivitis, I don't think I've had a dug that hasn't had it at some point. Keep a tube of Goldeneye in the fridge and administer at the first signs(y)

Here's to your wee girls continued recovery!
14 1/2 sounds good to me, long may it last for you and yours👍

Thanks for the tip re the conjunctivitis treatment, I will get onto that asap.

keirstream

Reaction score
Back to ticks. I spent every day up in the Far North this July picking the wee feckers off Breagha.
Myself, worst day I had 5 buried into me.
Strange thing is, I've walked the hills for 40 years, in shorts in Summer, and never had a tick embedded until this year.:unsure:

westie4566

Reaction score
Back to ticks. I spent every day up in the Far North this July picking the wee feckers off Breagha.
Strange thing is, I've walked the hills for 40 years, in shorts in Summer, and never had a tick embedded until this year.:unsure:
They've been really bad this past two years Tom.

I'm investigating various sprays that you use which stops them running up your arms and legs and the dogs as well.

Andrew B

Reaction score
My pals who literally got the keys for their new house in the country 2 weeks ago yesterday got hit by the power cuts up here. Luckily they have a woodburning stove so were able to keep warm last night and heat up water for tea this morning. Told them to get in here so hot showers for them, soup and warm crusty bread then an afternoon out with them and their wee Pug. It was still bitter at 2 degrees, wind chill and snow flurries. The dogs had a ball though.
😁
View attachment 69105
Look at em pausing for camera 😂 imo they now what’s going on here.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Had em on poppy down Devon a few times. Both times there’d dropped off in Caravan and I mistook em for a piece of gravel😬 horrible things

keirstream

Reaction score
They've been really bad this past two years Tom.

I'm investigating various sprays that you use which stops them running up your arms and legs and the dogs as well.
Breagha is on a monthly tick and worm treatment plan Andy so very few actually embedded into her and those that did all headed to the usual places and I was able to either head them off at the pass or pick them out very quickly.(y)
Thing is, most of them were as tiny as I'd ever seen and moved at lightning speed through her jet black fur. Proverbial pin points of a size.:(
As for me, well my 40 year immunity has obviously lapsed so I think I'll go on Breagha's treatment plan too.
Always helps with the worms.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool::cool:

westie4566

Reaction score
Breagha is on a monthly tick and worm treatment plan Andy so very few actually embedded into her and those that did all headed to the usual places and I was able to either head them off at the pass or pick them out very quickly.(y)
Thing is, most of them were as tiny as I'd ever seen and moved at lightning speed through her jet black fur. Proverbial pin points of a size.:(
As for me, well my 40 year immunity has obviously lapsed so I think I'll go on Breagha's treatment plan too.
Always helps with the worms.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool::cool:
I seem to be immune at present, though know what you mean about the tiny wee ones. That was what Niamh 'gifted' me a couple of weeks ago :rolleyes:

Even last week out with my mate foraging, he picked one up. Niamh's new collar seems to be working as only found one crawling up her.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Wow I wonder if this is more to do with the strange Autumn we’ve had? Gonna say you don’t associate Ticks at this time of year.
We always have an annual thing with Poppy and fleas😩 Doesn’t seem to matter what treatment we use either and usually around August we usually find out by getting bitten ourselves. It’s not like she’s ever crawling with em either but it invariably ends up with us having to treat the house.
I did a small job in September in my uncles garden and could smell buried cat muck. They have a tiny toy poodle thing and wether it was off the poodle or crawling round in the undergrowth by the time I’d gotten home and went for a shower I lost count at sixty flea bites all over each arm/shoulder, ankles ect. Horrible feeling as you know if you scratch em, they get worse. We got some antihistamines and some cream, which did mention tic bites and the stuff did work but it shows what a mess a cat flea/fleas can do.😬

westie4566

Reaction score
Wow I wonder if this is more to do with the strange Autumn we’ve had? Gonna say you don’t associate Ticks at this time of year.
We always have an annual thing with Poppy and fleas😩 Doesn’t seem to matter what treatment we use either and usually around August we usually find out by getting bitten ourselves. It’s not like she’s ever crawling with em either but it invariably ends up with us having to treat the house.
I did a small job in September in my uncles garden and could smell buried cat muck. They have a tiny toy poodle thing and wether it was off the poodle or crawling round in the undergrowth by the time I’d gotten home and went for a shower I lost count at sixty flea bites all over each arm/shoulder, ankles ect. Horrible feeling as you know if you scratch em, they get worse. We got some antihistamines and some cream, which did mention tic bites and the stuff did work but it shows what a mess a cat flea/fleas can do.😬
In all my 55 years of being around or owning dogs, the only times fleas have been an issue was when there was a cat in the mix. Regardless of flea collars/treatments on them they still seem to bring them back to the house and of course the dogs end up getting them. My lovely old tom cat, Harvey got stolen back in 2012. He was a character and more dog than cat...but the fleas, yuk!

Back to ticks. Sorry Andrew but you're wrong with your association of times of year for them. Depending on weather, they can be very active all year round. The summer before last was horrendous for them after a very mild winter. Back in Feb this year wee had a very cold spell which knocked their numbers back a bit until a few weeks ago. We really need weeks of freezing to get them back under control (or go back to sheep dipping which really worked....)

country_est

Reaction score
Having moved to a sheep rich area 3 years ago csnt say i have found any ticks on my 2 lab, (1 working and 1 retired). But when living in an area of no sheep but lots of deer we would regularly get ticks on both dogs.

So in my experince it would seem to be more deer ticks than sheep

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Merle had Christmas Day drama and ended up spending the night in at the vets. Ripped herself open on… something… on our walk. No idea what. Didn’t make a sound - not when she did it, or afterwards. Took her in just before midnight when we found the hole and realised it’s not a home first aid job, and they kept her in as she’d eaten too recently to be put under and stitched.
AD966F29-E92D-4B60-A4AB-D177E1A38232.jpeg
3D0E7D81-A7A1-4BEF-B18B-1ED45E3171FC.jpeg
B79FB823-404E-43A5-B1B8-8292E92B33B0.jpeg

She’s fine now - she was fine all along, I didn’t even know she had a great hole in her armpit until I stuck my finger in it rubbing her chest. Even then, she didn’t wince. The stitches are dry and she’s merrily refusing her medication. In these photos I’ve given her a cocktail sausage with an antibiotic tucked inside, and a chunk of cheese with the same in. She’s holding them in her mouth nicely until I go away and she can spit them out.
3927ACAE-961B-4F95-9922-45AAA918949C.jpeg
664DA10D-17B4-4A22-A37C-3327E16F7220.jpeg

Bette is far less dramatic and just says merry Christmas.
75BEB80F-4889-4B1D-8035-5E1418346AD0.jpeg