1.1 MB · Views: 99
  • 20210222_093040.jpg
    20210222_093040.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 62

westie4566

Reaction score
She is a beauty👍
Just realised that I'd never hit 'post' for my reply to your comment

'Thanks, she is indeed, a very pretty , petite springer .Her real beauty lies within though.. I've had dogs all my life (now mid 50s) and she is seriously the most loving, affectionate dog I've ever come across, ( and I've been lucky to have amazing dogs).

She was a thing of joy from the moment I went down to Yorkshire to pick her up. However it was 2 1/2 weeks later that I realised that she'd accepted me as the 'new boss'. That was the moment she just never left my side.

We've been literally joined at the hip ever since. She, as ever, is tucked in next to me on the sofa as I type this..

Everyone who meets her just falls for her polite but sweet and loving nature. I've been truly blessed.

Just under a year now until her younger half sister also retires up here with me....cannae wait. 😍 '

rs2ford

Reaction score
Just realised that I'd never hit 'post' for my reply to your comment

'Thanks, she is indeed, a very pretty , petite springer .Her real beauty lies within though.. I've had dogs all my life (now mid 50s) and she is seriously the most loving, affectionate dog I've ever come across, ( and I've been lucky to have amazing dogs).

She was a thing of joy from the moment I went down to Yorkshire to pick her up. However it was 2 1/2 weeks later that I realised that she'd accepted me as the 'new boss'. That was the moment she just never left my side.

We've been literally joined at the hip ever since. She, as ever, is tucked in next to me on the sofa as I type this..

Everyone who meets her just falls for her polite but sweet and loving nature. I've been truly blessed.

Just under a year now until her younger half sister also retires up here with me....cannae wait. 😍 '
She sounds amazing Andy. You can see in her eyes that she has a great nature.
Cheers Diarmid.

Heero

Reaction score
Birds have been tough to find since the cold snap and big snows. The kid has had a few points on grouse and huns in the past month or so, running 3-4x/week. With this past weeks warm weather, the huns are now pairing up and no longer in coveys. They hold really well when they are paired up, maybe too well. Kid found 2 pair on Saturday, none on Sunday.

156995383_168563524949336_5240696120421612831_n.jpg

We are done running on birds for the season. Huns are pairing off, as said, and the grouse will be on the leks any day now if they arent already. Time to let them do their thing for next season.

This winter has been an excellent learning experience for the kid - many dozen points on wild bird which are the best teachers for a puppy. She is bold and confident, ranging out 400 yards, and hold a solid point while I catch up. She works fast, scenting with nose high, and doesnt get caught up on ground scent.

It is time for actual training now. Her recall is great - has to be for running birds, so I worked hard on that before we started doing this - but now it is time for her to learn to both stay and heel. Plus, Ill gun break her with a few pigeons from launchers. I dont plan to gun hunt her, but Ill shoot a couple grouse or huns over her at the beginning of next season to get her going. Then, it is straight into running under a falcon for her.

The future is bright. :)

Walleye

Reaction score
It's been a long time since an update on Lola....
She's doing great coming up to her first birthday, loves the long walks in the country, is a strong swimmer and is getting more confident every time, and will seek out dummies, balls, etc with her nose with a great success rate so far. I am not training her to work, just to enjoy herself and when she is playing "go seek" she is never happier.

Here she is swimming in the river. The stick she went in for is probably in Sunderland by the time this was taken, but she was determined to find it....
Screenshot_20210316-203546_Gallery.jpg

Here she is thinking about her first dive into water too deep for her to stand up. She's definitely not too sure about this one...
Screenshot_20210316-203751_Photos.jpg

And here she is taking the plunge for the first time!!
Screenshot_20210316-203813_Photos.jpg

And away across the river away from me....usually I have to lead and she follows...but she's off and away to join the dogs on the far bank.
Screenshot_20210316-203613_Photos.jpg

Anyway, she is such a lovely well natured dog, keen to learn, loves life, friendly, not always obedient, and has truly been a godsend to our family.

So...we took the plunge....here is Lola with our newest member of the family and my new joint BFF Oscar, a sable roan cocker.
Screenshot_20210316-205204_Photos.jpg

And here is Oscar in his usual pose...
Screenshot_20210316-205241_Photos.jpg

I was a little worried about getting another dog because Lola is so lovely, I didn't want a dominant dog coming in and spoiling things but so far it's gone great. They sit together, play together, chase each other, steal each other's food and I think there is a little of the mothering instinct coming out in Lola.

Couldn't be happier. I'm looking forward to the madness of taking two cockers out into the country...

Just one more photo...honest! I just looked to my left and saw this....
Screenshot_20210316-210549_Photos.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210316-203611_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210316-203611_Photos.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38

keirstream

Reaction score

keirstream

Reaction score
It's been a long time since an update on Lola....
She's doing great coming up to her first birthday, loves the long walks in the country, is a strong swimmer and is getting more confident every time, and will seek out dummies, balls, etc with her nose with a great success rate so far. I am not training her to work, just to enjoy herself and when she is playing "go seek" she is never happier.

Here she is swimming in the river. The stick she went in for is probably in Sunderland by the time this was taken, but she was determined to find it....
View attachment 58582

Here she is thinking about her first dive into water too deep for her to stand up. She's definitely not too sure about this one...
View attachment 58583

And here she is taking the plunge for the first time!!View attachment 58584

And away across the river away from me....usually I have to lead and she follows...but she's off and away to join the dogs on the far bank.
View attachment 58586

Anyway, she is such a lovely well natured dog, keen to learn, loves life, friendly, not always obedient, and has truly been a godsend to our family.

So...we took the plunge....here is Lola with our newest member of the family and my new joint BFF Oscar, a sable roan cocker.
View attachment 58587

And here is Oscar in his usual pose...
View attachment 58588

I was a little worried about getting another dog because Lola is so lovely, I didn't want a dominant dog coming in and spoiling things but so far it's gone great. They sit together, play together, chase each other, steal each other's food and I think there is a little of the mothering instinct coming out in Lola.

Couldn't be happier. I'm looking forward to the madness of taking two cockers out into the country...

Just one more photo...honest! I just looked to my left and saw this....View attachment 58590
Pair of posers.
Great companions put on this earth to please those who understand them(y)

mc andy

Reaction score
Our wee Brooke has been poorly of late, snapped her cruciate ligament few weeks back and been awaiting surgery. Today was the day, all went well and very much looking forward to getting her back tomorrow for some tlc and long period of recovery. Leg had to be pinned as they can't join ligaments on older dogs.

House is empty without her

Attachments

• IMG-20210402-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20210402-WA0015.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20200430_131151.jpg
    IMG_20200430_131151.jpg
    630.4 KB · Views: 39