20210118_134732.jpg

Attachments

• 20210118_134749.jpg
    20210118_134749.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:

keirstream

Reaction score
They are all cute. I wouldnt pick without meeting them. Whichever was least interested in me, most interested in her surroundings, would be my pick.
Small problem with travel restrictions Heero with the pups being 200+ miles away.
Hardly classed as essential travel by Nicola.:(
However, no rush, and I wouldn't choose at this stage anyway, they all have to develop their own characters before that
would be in any way sensible.
But------------like Lamson, I have settled provisionally on No 2.(y)

Timmins

Reaction score
That's no so good timmins 😟 hope yer wee dog makes a good recovery 🤞 could it have been from some barbed wire?

Arnold
Genuinely no idea he was just going in and out the brush at the river as usual same walk 100s of times and never seen anything that would cause a cut

westie4566

Reaction score
Got a very sorry for himself wee pal today He’s on house arrest for 5 days after splitting his shoulder on god knows what out a walk yesterday 😢View attachment 56339View attachment 56340
Bonny looking wee springer their Timmins!

Sorry to see he's hurt himself....it's such a Springer thing to do. Their very nature seems to include all manner of bumps and scrapes!!

I'm sure he'll be on the med soon though....they're hardy wee b'uggers!

tony considine

Reaction score
Looks like a barbed wire rip. Not a big deal, will heal up ok.
Mine get the odd one when working. If it's small and not worth a stitch, or any small cut, Dermisol cream seems to do a great job in helping to heal quickly.
t.c.

Troosers Too

Reaction score
Timmins, the poor wee guy does look sorry for him/herself. Being a springer they'll probably be up and raring to go again in the morning. Hardy souls that they are. I've seen me find gashes that needed stitches only in the evening after a day out, the dog having shown no sign of any injury until time for a tummy rub. One exception for me was about 4 years ago when my youngest springer appeared out of a bush with an odd expression on her face and bright red blood pumping all over her. She'd nicked a veinor artery, so the only thing to do was stick my thumb into the hole to clamp it off, pick her up & run the mile or so home to the car. Sunday afternoon, of course, but luckily the vet lives close to us so we all met up at the surgery. The vet had obviously thought I'd been panicking about nothing but as soon as she saw the dog she decided we'd need to go to the larger surgery in Ludlow. There followed a high speed car chase as my wife drove and I held a, by now, very weak looking spaniel on my lap. Ultimately she was fine after a night at the vet and a HUGE vetwrap bandage keeping her immobilised to stop her opening everything up again. Once I got home to change after leaving her at the vet I had blood soaked through to my underwear and in my socks. The poor wee guy, I'll never forget the feeling of helplessness that I had as we drove to the surgery. Three days later the wee brute was raring to go again!

westie4566

Reaction score
Timmins, the poor wee guy does look sorry for him/herself. Being a springer they'll probably be up and raring to go again in the morning. Hardy souls that they are. I've seen me find gashes that needed stitches only in the evening after a day out, the dog having shown no sign of any injury until time for a tummy rub. One exception for me was about 4 years ago when my youngest springer appeared out of a bush with an odd expression on her face and bright red blood pumping all over her. She'd nicked a veinor artery, so the only thing to do was stick my thumb into the hole to clamp it off, pick her up & run the mile or so home to the car. Sunday afternoon, of course, but luckily the vet lives close to us so we all met up at the surgery. The vet had obviously thought I'd been panicking about nothing but as soon as she saw the dog she decided we'd need to go to the larger surgery in Ludlow. There followed a high speed car chase as my wife drove and I held a, by now, very weak looking spaniel on my lap. Ultimately she was fine after a night at the vet and a HUGE vetwrap bandage keeping her immobilised to stop her opening everything up again. Once I got home to change after leaving her at the vet I had blood soaked through to my underwear and in my socks. The poor wee guy, I'll never forget the feeling of helplessness that I had as we drove to the surgery. Three days later the wee brute was raring to go again!
Bloody hell- that must have been very scary TT!

Springers are Springers and are always prone to bumps and scrapes. Thankfully the worst I've had with my lass was a badly torn ear off brambles that looked like her throat had been cut, but was just her rushing about with her ears swinging spreading blood everywhere.

When she retired up here with me she still had a healing gash on her leg and does have a knackered tendon in one of her toes from a bad gash a few years back.

Doesn't stop them working every bit of rough cover they can find though :rolleyes: 😂