Doggy Photo's

mows

Reaction score
Probably, mows. The American field trial vizsla lines are bred to be smaller and leaner than the European vizsla lines who look very hound-y in comparison. She might only end up around 40lbs. On the flip side, they are typically much bigger runners and faster workers - I am already seeing that with her out in the sage brush - with noses in the air like pointers rather than to the ground like other versatile breeds. I am really happy with this pup - smartest pup Ive yet had.
The last picture just makes me want one.
Harris was by far the cleverest dog I've ever seen.
When we got him. For the first couple of weeks he would go through the house each day and sit down in front of each picture and study it for a few minutes.
I miss having a big dog.

Heero

Reaction score
Took the little kid out to some public land couple miles up the road. Walked out 100 yards or so and hid a quail in a small clump of sage before walking back to let her out. Kiddo found it pretty quick, no help from me.

23B2B7B3-020B-4DAD-9A9D-0476D9AC4A53.jpeg

I dig it out of the sage then tossed it in the open for her. She pointed it a bunch, stalked it, and eventually chomped it.

B9D8BF69-412C-4D3A-BACD-B5029E82FD10.jpeg

I videoed her pointing and staking it for 30 seconds once I tossed it but I can’t figure out how to add a video.

We are done with the quail. She is excited about it and searching for things so onto wild birds.

Andrew B

Reaction score
I'd love to, but we cant, as we dont know if we will be going back to Singapore in April.
We are giving one to the couple that had Lucy for us last year.
We haven't even said we have puppies and the 3 girls are already spoken for.
Gorgeous looking pups. I was reading something about the price of dogs going up since the lockdown this year?
It’s been noticeable how many more folk I see out on dog walks of late.

Andrew B

Reaction score
The last picture just makes me want one.
Harris was by far the cleverest dog I've ever seen.
When we got him. For the first couple of weeks he would go through the house each day and sit down in front of each picture and study it for a few minutes.
I miss having a big dog.
Yeah that’s some intelligence right there. I’ve had a few really clever Collies but neither of em got the concept of a picture or television.

Heero

Reaction score
It can be a double edged sword. My wirehair watches TV so she can bark at dogs that come on it. She also learns the sound of commercials that have dogs in them - when she hears one come on, shell jump up to run to the TV so she can bark at the dog.

Andrew B

Reaction score
Funny story from a few days ago.
My mum n dad took the dog on a walk along the canal and they bumped into one of my dads old work mates “Walter woman’s arse” and his wife. My dad with the Alzheimer’s had to keep asking who he was whilst their dog watched on.
After feeling a dog brush up against her leg, she took hold of its collar as they had three dogs and Poppy can be cantankerous at best.
Anyway after fifteen minutes of nattering away she looked down only to realise it was some cute little black Staffie and I can only think the lady who owned the Staff didn’t want to butt in maybe😂
All the while Poppy was doing the sheepdog thing and watching from afar lol.

Heero

Reaction score
Kiddo found her second covey of huns in as many outings this week. With her sister’s - the shaggy one - help, of course.

This little pup gets the scent way before shagdog. Either that, or shagdog doesn’t start getting birdy til she is more sure. They work much different, for sure - kiddo is nose in air like a pointer and shagdog is a lot of nose to the ground like the versatile she is. Shagdog does get the scent in the air and she pins these late season wild birds really well - locking up 30 or more yards away, usually, which is needed else these winter coveys will bust - but at times she’ll get a fresh ground scent, which are usually from grouse, and run in circles over and over following the track.

What a kid.

65C6FE2D-8924-4D82-A9D6-BF3B0DAA555D.jpeg

Kiddo also locked up on a dead one. Well, pile of feathers from a fresh killed hun. Not sure what got it. Coyote or fox my guess tho the tracks around were pretty old. Coulda been bird of prey, but wasn’t really plucked at the spot - eagle carried it off, maybe. Enough feathers for her to scent and point, tho!