Doggy Photo's

Andrew B

Reaction score
My mate has a lovely Patterdale and whilst I was playing a trout it swam for the first time ever, picked up the fish first grab and brought it back in at my feet. There wasn’t a single mark on the fish and it went back no problem.
This dog had never looked like going in the water until it saw this trout being played. To prove it was no fluke it did this several times.
I wondered if this was something unusual and if anyone on here has seen it?

Wafty Cranker

Reaction score
It's such a hard life being a gundog in my house...........................

gigha, sula, cara.jpg

1605863728139.png

Last edited:

Andrew B

Reaction score
Three black sassas lol. That what my grandad called em anyway. He would also say keep em happy and give em one each lol.

westie4566

Reaction score
It's winter and as fishers so we're all bored....let alone the toll that C19 has taken. So here's something to give you all a good laugh. Some pics I uncovered yesterday whilst clearing the auld yins house.

A 17 year old me. my Cairn, Pennaigh and her second litter of pups wi Mum and Dad. The happy ones are me just enjoying the pups...the grumpy ones were the night before the pups went to their new homes. It always broke my heart seeing pups go. Loved having a litter around. One of the four was still born...but loads of rubbing in a towel and breathing into it's mouth saved it. He went on to live to the ripe old age of 15.
Pennaigh's pups.jpeg

Lamson v10

Reaction score
6 so far!
5 boys, unfortunately the little lady didn't make it.
The scan showed at least 6 so maybe not finished yet.
Lucy's first litter, but she is coping well.

Absolutely gorgeous mows 😍 very sad to hear the wee lady didn't make it 😞
Please post plenty of photos of them as they come on 👍🏻. Makes me want another one but I'll have to wait
a little longer on that one 😉

Arnold

westie4566

Reaction score
6 so far!
5 boys, unfortunately the little lady didn't make it.
The scan showed at least 6 so maybe not finished yet.
Lucy's first litter, but she is coping well.
Brilliant Alan but a real shame the wee lass didn't make it. That'll have been a stressful day for you - although I suspect Lucy is taking it all in her stride!!

Keep the pics coming!

mows

Reaction score
Puppies are doing great!
There was a smaller one came last.
It didnt get a decent feed until the middle of the night.
Once it had that feed it was off.
She has no problem barging her way in now.
Turns out Mandy wasnt great at sexing them.
We have 3 boys and 3 girls.
I dont know how they do it, considering they are blind, but its surprising how often the blacks and golds sunggle in with their own colour.
Its lucys first time, but she is an excellent mother.
Another 4 days or so and they will start to see.
It might get a bit more chaotic then.

Theres something mesmerising just sitting down watching them.

Attachments

• 20201206_182334.jpg
    20201206_182334.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 38
  • 20201206_182325.jpg
    20201206_182325.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 37
  • 20201205_232146.jpg
    20201205_232146.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 20201202_182339.jpg
    20201202_182339.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 45

SalmoNewf

Reaction score
Having posted a pic of Molly in the “Dug’s life” thread I thought I’d put up a couple of her at work on the barrens, what most of you would call moors. In the first shot she‘s pointing what turned out to be a group (wisp?) of snipe. Not having a migratory bird license I didn‘t shoot and it was just as well as a conservation officer saw me as I came back to the road, waited by the car and checked my bag. In the second shot she’s pointing a covey of, in Newfoundland terminology, “partridge” or willow ptarmigan. Willow ptarmigan are actually the same species as red grouse, just different habits with no heather over here. We also have in western areas of Newfoundland what are locally called rock ptarmigan which are basically the same bird as the ptarmigan in Scotland.

Attachments

• 4A68B8A1-1DFA-417B-8069-24DD2A526841.jpeg
    4A68B8A1-1DFA-417B-8069-24DD2A526841.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • 31D81DCA-74BD-4EB3-80A7-53B380070393.jpeg
    31D81DCA-74BD-4EB3-80A7-53B380070393.jpeg
    765.2 KB · Views: 37

Heero

Reaction score
I have been hiding quail around the property the past couple days, getting the little mongrel excited about finding things. She is natural pointer, goes on point as soon as she smelled them at first without even knowing why. They are penned quail for falcon food, not fliers, so when she would find them I would pick them up and let her inspect. She was a little nervous at first, but yesterday she finally worked up the gumption to grab one (and chomp of its head) and is now SOOOO excited about things. Very different than my German dogs who at this age had 0 hesitation about chomping anything that moved.

I have been running her around in the sage brush a little, too. Run my older griff with the falcon for actual hunting, then Ill bring her out with the griff just to take in some smells and build some confidence. She locked up on the sage brush where the grouse we had flushed 15 minutes early when hunting had been. Beautiful point, without even knowing why she was doing it.

We actually lost one pre head chomp out in the high grass of the pasture yesterday. A few hours later, I had all the dogs out on a walk down to the river and guess who found it - the little kid! Her tail started going and she locked up - walked over and the lost quail jumped up right where she was pointing.

Here are a couple semi-pathetic points. Never seem to have the camera out when she has a classic pose.

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

mows

Reaction score
She looks great Mike. I bet those ears feel like silk. Will she always be that skinny?

Heero

Reaction score
She looks great Mike. I bet those ears feel like silk. Will she always be that skinny?

Probably, mows. The American field trial vizsla lines are bred to be smaller and leaner than the European vizsla lines who look very hound-y in comparison. She might only end up around 40lbs. On the flip side, they are typically much bigger runners and faster workers - I am already seeing that with her out in the sage brush - with noses in the air like pointers rather than to the ground like other versatile breeds. I am really happy with this pup - smartest pup Ive yet had.

westie4566

Reaction score
Probably, mows. The American field trial vizsla lines are bred to be smaller and leaner than the European vizsla lines who look very hound-y in comparison. She might only end up around 40lbs. On the flip side, they are typically much bigger runners and faster workers - I am already seeing that with her out in the sage brush - with noses in the air like pointers rather than to the ground like other versatile breeds. I am really happy with this pup - smartest pup Ive yet had.
Funnily enough, I've got friendly with a lass here who has a Vizsla b'itch roughly the same age as yours. She's equally small and lean as yours and a bundle of delight. Lovey, keen dog!

westie4566

Reaction score
Nostalgia time for me. Was rummaging through pictures looking for something else and found these two of my dear departed Springer, Meg.

She had been severely abused when I rescued her and with no training at all and was terrified of humans. She really blossomed with me.

I got her on the Sunday and this first pic was taken on the Wednesday, came in from work and caught her and my wee BT Maggie on the sofa. Yeah they both had the decency to 'look' guilty, just look at the the blurred tail on the Springer...lol. She came out of her scared shell that quick with me.

Meg Maggie first week.JPG
I wanted to do the best for her so got involved in some training with her .In reality she didn't need it. A great, keen dog that went way to young.

Meg training.jpg

westie4566

Reaction score
This is Callie the Vizsla, that's two months ago.

121004307_10164284582345445_483534076747321049_oCallie.jpg