Doggy Photo's

westie4566

Reaction score

Heero

Reaction score

Heero

Reaction score
Big brother adores her and plays with her constantly. Big sister, the shaggy mongrel, wants nothing to do with the little terrorist.

She is the whiniest, cryingest, neediest, little mongrel I’ve had. I guess that’s the breed, tho, and I knew that. She was the independent one of the litter, too! I had pick of litter, put all females out to check them out and watch interaction. Her three sisters were playing with each other and me, jumping on me and each other, and having fun - she was off on her own following her nose around exploring. Would whistle and shed come jump on me like others but quickly go back to exploring. Easy decision!

She is exploratory and inquisitive outdoors on our walks down to the river. She has discovered the pigeons too and is figuring out her nose. Runs big, for a puppy, and charges ahead. I think she’s going to make a great huntress for me. Will have her out running later in season with shag dog, for sure. Just going to let her figure things out and not limit or put too much pressure on her. I’d love to get her working a quarter mile + away - or even much more! - from me and she has the breeding to do it.

Pretty happy with her. The crying is the only negative - she hasn’t pissed or crapped indoors a single time. No mess, it’s craziness.

9C26D799-1465-48F3-818F-CFB51AF03DAF.jpeg
6886DFA5-1F33-446B-9489-16D7B57AEEE1.jpeg
EEE42ADA-7850-409F-AEAA-09D4BAB5CFCF.jpeg

TayRaider

Reaction score
Here’s my wee guy

He is 8 months now, so hopefully he will be on the ducks next season. Walking him round the park he has taken to doing a bit of pointing on pigeons which is odd ?.

Attachments

• 1810826E-CCFA-4B1B-9B60-8BC0D1E12215.png
    1810826E-CCFA-4B1B-9B60-8BC0D1E12215.png
    5 MB · Views: 34

Heero

Reaction score
She’s just a little girl living in a great big snowy world.

3AA50525-8FEA-4674-81C6-FC89C9350BF3.jpeg

Down at the river behind the house yesterday when the snow started, her first snow day.

6E3CB774-8629-4A59-8CE8-1C3220E4A113.jpeg

We have to stay away from the river for a few days. A mountain lion came thru this morning. Not sure if it came onto my property - been out walking the property looking for tracks in the snow and none seen - but it was seen two properties away heading into the neighbors place. Will keep eye on things for a few days to make sure it has moved thru - thankfully there is fresh snow, makes finding track and sign easier.

Heero

Reaction score
Looks like frozen nipples all round Mike, and not just for the dogs ? Is this amount of snow normal for the time of year or early doors??

The wee one is fair sprouting!

Nah, snow this time of year is normal but this much snow in one dumping is abnormal for any time of year. It snows quite frequently all winter, then we get a chinook wind that blows it away/melts it, then it snows again. Usually its only a few inches per snow event, which may happen a couple timers/week. This time it was something like 18 inches in under 24 hours. Temps will hit 50s by end of week so itll melt.

salarchaser

Reaction score
No photo, but for the first time in 12 years we're going to spend the evening with a border terrier sized hole in our lives.
Unfortunately our constant companion passed away last night after a short illness.
Devastated is an understatement.
I know others on here have experienced similar in the past 12 months, but you dont realise how hard it will hit you until it happens.

Sleep well pup.

mows

Reaction score
No photo, but for the first time in 12 years we're going to spend the evening with a border terrier sized hole in our lives.
Unfortunately our constant companion passed away last night after a short illness.
I know others on here have experienced similar in the past 12 months, but you dont realise how hard it will hit you until it happens.

Sleep well pup.
My deepest sympathies!
They are part of the family and it's hard.
I still miss my Harris and he has been gone 2 years.
Take care.

westie4566

Reaction score

Sleep well pup.
So sorry to hear of you sad news Salarchaser. Dog's become such a huge part of our lives - it is, as Mows says, like losing a family member.

My thoughts are with you all.