Doggy Photo's

M

MIK

Jeez MIK! How do you cope with THREE Patterdales?????:D:D:D
I have one and a Lakeland and no cat / deer / rat / hare / pheasant near Edzell is safe, but THREE?
You are a brave man.

Euan

I only have the one in the middle at the moment ..the one on the left died to ground last year and the bitch on the right is down being grafted by a mate in Wales ....the one I have is as good a digging dog as ive had in near 30 years of working terriers ....I never got on with him as a pup but once he started grafting and realised he had a purpose he came out of his shell and is a very handy tyke to have a round ....a natural retriever was easy to train good swimmer and I can work him like a spaniel ....its quite a site seeing him retrieve a goose from the water but most of all when hes to ground he will stay there till dug too and has found in some huge spots ....I usually keep around 3-4 and as long as you can give them enough graft to keep them ticking over it keeps their heads right ....heres a vid from a few weeks ago of hime retrieving a goosander as part of our anual SNH licences sawbill cull on the North Esk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brab8ZWhedU

Soundmixer

Reaction score
Love the video MIK. It always amazes me how strong a wee dog can be and the thrawn determination is the best feature of a proper terrier.
Here's my two

Lex Lil A.jpg

Lexie on the left is a soft wee dug until the real Patt kicks in. Aeryn on the right loves everyone but can be a proper terrier too ;)
Both dig and both are happy underground. Right now Aeryn is curled up on my lap and snoring.:D

Euan

Rosslinden0

Reaction score
Wee Ruby aged 9 weeks and 11 weeks, born on Christmas day. Can't wait till shes old enough to get down the river.

20160301_144030.jpg

20160302_171430.jpg

M

MIK

I think your idea of digging and mine are differant mate ....its me that does the digging ....nice wee dogs you have

westie4566

Reaction score
My two hounds.

It's rare I have a camera in my pocket when out with the girls, however I did this evening.

The first two sum up my Springer, Meg, to a T......serene face to daft spangle face in a nano second:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Also there is my almost impossible to photograph Border, Maggie, cos A) she wont stay still long enough and B) just wont look at a camera!

CIMG8857 (2).jpgCIMG8858 (2).jpgCIMG8859 (2).jpgCIMG8854 (2).jpg

Chicharito

Reaction score
My border is looking like yours at the moment ! I have to get the clippers out for mine as her coat won't strip very well. I have always done it myself but this week she is going to a
dog groomers for the first time in 11 years !
My other border has a very easy coat to look after and a light strip every few months is all it takes.

Attachments

• 20160318_170229.jpg
    20160318_170229.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 20160319_090558.jpg
    20160319_090558.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

westie4566

Reaction score
My border is looking like yours at the moment ! I have to get the clippers out for mine as her coat won't strip very well. I have always done it myself but this week she is going to a
My other border has a very easy coat to look after and a light strip every few months is all it takes.

Maggie strips well, and is good as gold whilst I do it.

She'll be getting stripped in the next couple of weeks.....just cannae bare the doleful looks if I strip here when the weather is cold!:rolleyes:

Mind you dinnae let the groomer put clippers near your pup, apparently they ruin BT's coats.

westie4566

Reaction score

Love the pics...typical Borders, always looking at something when you're trying to take photos!:rolleyes:

Chicharito

Reaction score
Maggie strips well, and is good as gold whilst I do it.

She'll be getting stripped in the next couple of weeks.....just cannae bare the doleful looks if I strip here when the weather is cold!:rolleyes:

Mind you dinnae let the groomer put clippers near your pup, apparently they ruin BT's coats.

That's true but some coats just won't strip especially with bitches that have been spayed
and also more commonly with blue and tans.
I have had to use clippers on the bitch from the age of two but have always hand stripped the male and he will never be clipped.
(I uploaded a couple of photos to previous post.)

tony considine

Reaction score
My two best fishing mates

Can't resist looking at doggy pics.
Some lovely looking springers on here. I thought mine should join them.
Meg, l&w , 3yr old.
Isla, b&w, 11months.
Nice quote from a walked-up gun, shooting over Meg, 'That's a wee gem ye have there laddie'. Makes it all worthwhile.
t.c.

Attachments

• DSCN0724.jpg
    DSCN0724.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN0675.jpg
    DSCN0675.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 144

westie4566

Reaction score
Meg, l&w , 3yr old.
Isla, b&w, 11months.
Nice quote from a walked-up gun, shooting over Meg, 'That's a wee gem ye have there laddie'. Makes it all worthwhile.
t.c.

Cracking looking springers there TC!

Just going to be slowly and privately getting my Meg working. (She was an untrained rescue that I got at 2 1/2 yrs:rolleyes:) She has shown a wee bit of aptitude, so we'll be working away together on the pigeons and see how she get's on. No biggie if it doesn't work out.....she's a smashing wee companion.....and that's the most important thing!:D

billy fish

Reaction score
Meg, l&w , 3yr old.
Isla, b&w, 11months.
t.c.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony, do you think our two girls could be related ?
Lola is three and a half years old and completed her first full shooting season last January. I believe dogs with an all brown/liver head are likely to have Badgercourt in them . Has your Meg ?
Colin.

wormo

Reaction score
Hope mine turns out like the previous ones
a wee menace in the making at just 7 weeks old

Attachments

• 2016-04-14 19.09.34.jpg
    2016-04-14 19.09.34.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 2016-04-14 19.10.16.jpg
    2016-04-14 19.10.16.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 160

Lamson v10

Reaction score

tony considine

Reaction score
View attachment 10901

View attachment 10902

Tony, do you think our two girls could be related ?
Lola is three and a half years old and completed her first full shooting season last January. I believe dogs with an all brown/liver head are likely to have Badgercourt in them . Has your Meg ?
Colin.
Wow Colin,
I could look at that head and say it was my Meg. You have to go back to gt.gt.grandparents to find Badgercourt,but it is there.
Genetics is definitely not my thing so I don't know how that works!
t.c.

Attachments

• DSCN0743.jpg
    DSCN0743.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 134

westie4566

Reaction score
Wow Colin,
I could look at that head and say it was my Meg. You have to go back to gt.gt.grandparents to find Badgercourt,but it is there.
Genetics is definitely not my thing so I don't know how that works!
t.c.

And it also means that , your Meg, my Meg and Safranfoer's Merle are all related too! Again back at Gt, Gt Grandfather level via Clarburgh Art! Also further back with Kenine Robb of Rytex and Sunnybrae Siskin.

The world of springers is indeed small!:)

Last edited:

Safranfoer

Reaction score
And it also means that , your Meg, my Meg and Safranfoer's Merle are all related too! Again back at Gt, Gt Grandfather level via Clarburgh Art! Also further back with Kenine Robb of Rytex and Sunnybrae Siskin.

The world of springers is indeed small!:)

Merle's lineage is full of Badgercourts and her immediate family (dad, grandma) is Helmsway. Tony, they're cousins! Or something.