Doggy Photo's

Dabbler.07

Reaction score
Wasn't sure if i should go to the Picture Gallery with these. Thought it would be nice to see some photo's of your shooting or trialling dogs. As the shooting season is nearly upon us, it could also be a thread for any shooting related photo's. So i'll make a start.

Poppy on the top is Tina's Daughter. Tina is my shooting bitch that i bred to Buccleuch Ideal, she had 11 pups, of which 1 died.

Tina & Poppy again.

Tina on her own.

The new recruit. Kelsey! A bitch from FTCH Mastview Bunty by FTCH Misselchalke Lad Of Halaze.

Last edited:

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Good Idea Dabbler. Smashing looking springers.

Here's my 4 year old springer at the end of a hard days shooting last season.

Last edited:

Dabbler.07

Reaction score
Good Idea Dabbler. Smashing looking springers.

Here's my 4 year old springer at the end of a hard days shooting last season.

Very nice Jockie! And good to see the old traditional S/S out as well! What make is that? I often take my AYA s/s out after the woodcock, i have a rare enough AYA best quality boxlock, yes! that is indeed the tital of it. Haven't came across another one yet.

That dog looks as though he could quite happily go to sleep after a big feed.

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Very nice Jockie! And good to see the old traditional S/S out as well! What make is that? I often take my AYA s/s out after the woodcock, i have a rare enough AYA best quality boxlock, yes! that is indeed the tital of it. Haven't came across another one yet.

That dog looks as though he could quite happily go to sleep after a big feed.
Its a wee AYA XXV 20 Bore. With the wee 25" barrels you can carry it all day and not know its there. I do all my rough shooting with it.

After a day like that, the dog gets a swim in the river to clean him, dried down a bit with a towel and then gets a good feed of the dry feeding with a couple of good ladle fulls of hot homemade soup. After that you wouldn't know the dog was there! :D

Dabbler.07

Reaction score
Would there be a bit of Birdrowe in that boy, very straight front legs, and has a head that you would recognise as having seen before?

Jockiescott

Reaction score
Would there be a bit of Birdrowe in that boy, very straight front legs, and has a head that you would recognise as having seen before?
Honestly Dabbler I don't know. I bought him as a pet and sort of started training for shooting by accident. :)

I got him off my fathers cousin who shoots a lot and had good dogs about him. I know he got the bitch from the headkeeper in Baronscourt and the Sire came from a keeper in Armagh I think it was.

He didn't register the litter because he wasn't sure of how to go about it as one was registered with the EKC and the other was registered with the IKC.

The more and more I've got into training and working him I regret now that he wasn't registered.

jockparr

Reaction score
Good looking animal their mucker! Looks to be in great shape!
She has come from really good stock , 18 months old , the wife wants to keep her as a pet but she has a great nose for the woodcock.

Had a few tips from jockiescott and its working a treat.

magheracross

Reaction score
well jockie i hope ur a better shot than dabbler with ur aya, cause he couldnt hit a bull in the ass with a spad:):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: theres defo a bit of birdrowe in that chap!! u can see it round his eyes.

Jockiescott

Reaction score
She has come from really good stock , 18 months old , the wife wants to keep her as a pet but she has a great nose for the woodcock.

Had a few tips from jockiescott and its working a treat.
So thats the wee dog in question. Lovely looking dog. Glad to be of assistance Jock.

Jockiescott

Reaction score
well jockie i hope ur a better shot than dabbler with ur aya, cause he couldnt hit a bull in the ass with a spad:):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: theres defo a bit of birdrowe in that chap!! u can see it round his eyes.
I'm not too sore on anything with mine either magher!!! :D

Fruin

Reaction score
Lovely dogs!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but have any of you guys in the know any knowledge of UK breeders of the Drentse Patrijshond?
It's a dog that I've been keen on for a few years. My wife used to have a cracking Springer and, in this game, I have a few friends with Springers, but I just thing they should be worked and I don't shoot. Therefore, the Drentse seems like a better option.
The kids are a bit older now (past the toddler stage) and I am approaching a time when i have more time available to concentrate on a new companion for the family.

simon grace

Reaction score
Lovely dogs!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but have any of you guys in the know any knowledge of UK breeders of the Drentse Patrijshond?
It's a dog that I've been keen on for a few years. My wife used to have a cracking Springer and, in this game, I have a few friends with Springers, but I just thing they should be worked and I don't shoot. Therefore, the Drentse seems like a better option.
The kids are a bit older now (past the toddler stage) and I am approaching a time when i have more time available to concentrate on a new companion for the family.
What do you want one of those big usless lumps for Gary.Originally from Holland where theres no hills.They're knackered after a 50 yard lollop..:(

Fruin

Reaction score
I just thought they might be a bit calmer than a Springer. I have to admit that I have a real soft spot for Springers but would worry that one wouldn't get enough excercise in our house, and i fear that my wife, having already experienced the full springer experience is reluctant to go through it again :D.