Disgusted with this!!!

MCXFisher

Reaction score
I met him when he was Lord Mayor. He is very odd. But that’s what local democracy sometimes inflicts upon society.

Handel

Reaction score
There was a time when he might have received a visit from some Leeds United supporters.;)

For me it says more about our press than him. He is an irrelevance. Why did this rag have to publish what he said? But we have all seen some of the so called journalism in connection with Covid (I have stopped watching). The press are in a desperately poor state and will publish just about anything - as here.

Horsbrugh

Reaction score
What a plonker. Makes you wonder who voted for someone looking like that.👿 If I saw him hanging around anywhere near a kids play park I would be phoning the police.

R.I.P. Jack

Walleye

Reaction score
Cowardly little nobody. He wouldn't have dared to say it to his face when Jack was in his prime.
Some people in public office have an over-inflated opinion of themselves and just get jealous of people who are universally liked because they are just very likeable people and have done meaningful things with their lives.

Bruce Walker

Reaction score
Sadly it`s the reporting of utterances from plonkers like him and others of his ilk that are symptomatic of the wider communication battle in the current climate . Their low key idiotic local utterances are reported mindlessly in the local press as they are seen as being in tune with the scenes shown on tv and reporting by mainstream media of Wild Justice type demo`s and their increasingly militant leftist slant . This is how the fall in standards of reportage from supposedly elite national news organisations that once bore the torch for unbiased and balanced reporting of facts (not opinion) filters down and resultsin a general lowering of the bar. They used to set a shining standard for the world media in factual and fair reporting , which local media aspired to, and now we increasingly have to suffer odious personal opinions from clowns like this because some local hack feels it`s in tune with the mood set by national media so must be safe and popular reporting. Lazy journalism at the lowest level - through following examples set at the highest level.
Apologies for the rant -I don`t intend to be drawn into the obvious parallel in the national media with specific individuals who are given a licence payer funded platform to feed their own biased views , opinions and lies into the largely ignorant urban prime time tv audience (no disrespect meant)- particularly the one also running several guerilla -type campaigns and operations and a lucrative personal "eco friendly" global air travel guided wildlife operation (whilst also saving the wildlife of the world) on the back of national tv exposure. Whoops - nearly another rant!

kingfisheryh02nxs

Banned
Reaction score
The Green party have issued a statment today saying they are going to investgate this, and they hope people can forgive and forget about this (which just about sums them up really).

simon grace

Reaction score
For those of you wishing to complain about the conduct of Mr David Taylor to York City Council regarding his comments about the late Jack Charlton, feel free to send the below letter to monitoringofficer@york.gov.uk as per their procedure.
As always your communication should be respectful but firm we do not need to sink to the level of Mr Taylor to make a point.
To be emailed to...
monitoringofficer@york.gov.uk

Dear Sir or Madam
I wish to bring to your attention the conduct of one of York City’s Councillors on social media over the past 48 hours. Mr David Taylor has over the past few days made a series of disgusting and derogatory posts regarding the passing of Jack Charlton, who was well known within the Fieldsports community and Leeds City Football club.
As I understand the situation Mr Taylor has made at least three awful posts
“Jack ‘Bloodsports’ Charlton has died. Good.”
“Jack ‘Bloodsports’ Charlton has died. Sick of the adulationof this animal-abuser. Being good at kicking a leather football around does not absolve him.”
The third which is reported in by York Mix News as a response to a comment from someone accusing Mr Taylor of being disrespectful to which he replied
“I didn’t advocate being cruel to him (Charlton), I just don’t think he should be lauded as some sort of hero. **** him.”
https://www.yorkmix.com/former-lord-mayor-of-york-provokes…/
As a member of the Fieldsports community I find the comments of this individual highly repugnant and offensive not only to the Charlton family but also to the wider community. While I accept that the issue of fieldsports is divisive within the community and brings out strong emotions on both sides, to display such disgusting behaviour at a time like this shows Mr Taylor in his true colours and they cast a dark shadow over York City Council.
According to Section 5 Codes of Conduct 5A Members’ Code of Conduct I wish to file an official complaint against the action of Mr Taylor as I believe that he has breached the following sections of the General Duties as to Conduct
3(1) You must treat others with respect
3(3) You must not bully or intimidate any person, or attempt to bully or intimidate them.
3(7) You must not conduct yourself in a manner which could reasonably be regarded as brining the Council into disrepute…
The examples detailed above show that Mr Taylor has failed to treat either the late Mr Charlton, his family or those who disagreed with his (Mr Taylors’) comments with any respect. The fact that that there have been a number of posts on this subject from Mr Taylor I would argue shows some attempt to bully. Finally, this whole sorry saga has clearly brought the Council into disrepute with the people of York, the Charlton family, Leeds United Football Club and the Fieldsports community. I trust that on consideration of the evidence that the individual concerned will be investigated and disciplined to the fullest extent possible under the council’s disciplinary procedures.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this complaint and I look forward to receiving an acknowledgement of it from you in the next five working days as per the agreed procedures detailed in your document Complaints about the ethical conduct of Councillors.

Signed.............

chakat

Reaction score
For those of you wishing to complain about the conduct of Mr David Taylor to York City Council regarding his comments about the late Jack Charlton, feel free to send the below letter to monitoringofficer@york.gov.uk as per their procedure.
As always your communication should be respectful but firm we do not need to sink to the level of Mr Taylor to make a point.
To be emailed to...
monitoringofficer@york.gov.uk

Dear Sir or Madam
I wish to bring to your attention the conduct of one of York City’s Councillors on social media over the past 48 hours. Mr David Taylor has over the past few days made a series of disgusting and derogatory posts regarding the passing of Jack Charlton, who was well known within the Fieldsports community and Leeds City Football club.
As I understand the situation Mr Taylor has made at least three awful posts
“Jack ‘Bloodsports’ Charlton has died. Good.”
“Jack ‘Bloodsports’ Charlton has died. Sick of the adulationof this animal-abuser. Being good at kicking a leather football around does not absolve him.”
The third which is reported in by York Mix News as a response to a comment from someone accusing Mr Taylor of being disrespectful to which he replied
“I didn’t advocate being cruel to him (Charlton), I just don’t think he should be lauded as some sort of hero. **** him.”
https://www.yorkmix.com/former-lord-mayor-of-york-provokes…/
As a member of the Fieldsports community I find the comments of this individual highly repugnant and offensive not only to the Charlton family but also to the wider community. While I accept that the issue of fieldsports is divisive within the community and brings out strong emotions on both sides, to display such disgusting behaviour at a time like this shows Mr Taylor in his true colours and they cast a dark shadow over York City Council.
According to Section 5 Codes of Conduct 5A Members’ Code of Conduct I wish to file an official complaint against the action of Mr Taylor as I believe that he has breached the following sections of the General Duties as to Conduct
3(1) You must treat others with respect
3(3) You must not bully or intimidate any person, or attempt to bully or intimidate them.
3(7) You must not conduct yourself in a manner which could reasonably be regarded as brining the Council into disrepute…
The examples detailed above show that Mr Taylor has failed to treat either the late Mr Charlton, his family or those who disagreed with his (Mr Taylors’) comments with any respect. The fact that that there have been a number of posts on this subject from Mr Taylor I would argue shows some attempt to bully. Finally, this whole sorry saga has clearly brought the Council into disrepute with the people of York, the Charlton family, Leeds United Football Club and the Fieldsports community. I trust that on consideration of the evidence that the individual concerned will be investigated and disciplined to the fullest extent possible under the council’s disciplinary procedures.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this complaint and I look forward to receiving an acknowledgement of it from you in the next five working days as per the agreed procedures detailed in your document Complaints about the ethical conduct of Councillors.

Signed.............
Quite agree with the letter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

charlieH

Reaction score
Quite agree with the letter.
Although I think it would probably have more impact if you don't identify yourself as a supporter of fieldsports. Taylor's comments are quite sufficient to cause offence to just about anyone, regardless of their stance of fieldsports, and I think that a letter that doesn't come with an overt pro-fieldsports agenda would actually be more powerful in calling out his behaviour.

simon grace

Reaction score
Although I think it would probably have more impact if you don't identify yourself as a supporter of fieldsports. Taylor's comments are quite sufficient to cause offence to just about anyone, regardless of their stance of fieldsports, and I think that a letter that doesn't come with an overt pro-fieldsports agenda would actually be more powerful in calling out his behaviour.
We won't mind if you change it to suit yourself when you send it Charlie.

charlieH

Reaction score
How very gracious of you, Simon, though I'm not clear who the 'we' that you mention are. Was this drafted by one of the bodies that supports and promotes fieldsports?

As an active participant in, and supporter of, most fieldsports I would love to see this creep get his comeuppance - but to be clear, my suggestion wasn't made to suit myself! It just seems to me that, if a letter comes with a declared pro-fieldsports angle, it's clear that there is a broader underlying agenda - i.e. to undermine someone who opposes them. In one sense there's nothing wrong with that, but if instead it appears that it's not just the fieldsports lobby that are appalled by Taylor's pronouncements, but also the average man or woman on the Clapham-cum-Newby omnibus - or perhaps the proud Yorkshire folk in the stands at Elland Road where JC played his football - it's more likely to achieve some traction.