Dinard river sutherland,

speers

Reaction score
Just been looking on line , and it appears we have had a tiny bit of rain in the hills, the forecast is looking a tad more promising, but id like to check if the rivers have had a spate out to the west of me, i.e the Dinard.
I cant find a sepa station?
is there one!

speers

Reaction score
yes I do, its been a while since ive been over that way and couldnt mind the spelling:thumb:

speers

Reaction score
takk

still not working on the link you guys have kindly sent me,

AlanT

Reaction score
Link works for me;

Screenshot_20180805-165158.jpg

speers

Reaction score
dohhh, im getting it now, good lift there then, thanks guys just what this forum is all about,.

here is hoping the fishing is going to get better,
thank you all who replied to this thread.
regards
speers

Richardt3227

Reaction score
When i went over the Dionard at the end of June, the river was extremely low. May need a bigger flood than last week to bring fish in. Laxford was the same and Loch Stack at least 4 foot down with shallows all over the place.

Saint Andrews

Reaction score
dohhh, im getting it now, good lift there then, thanks guys just what this forum is all about,.

here is hoping the fishing is going to get better,
thank you all who replied to this thread.
regards
speers

Havnt a clue where you want to fish or the weather there but nice to hear your still around Si and fishing. Was just thinking about how your doing when drove past your old shop in the Ribble valley tonight.

Invermarnoch

Reaction score
Dionard in September

I spent a September week on the Dionard when it was very low two years ago and vowed I would never go back. It was an utterly dispiriting experience casting to the (very occasional) potted salmon. Duncan the gillie is a lovely man, and it must break his heart to see the river so low, but, quite honestly, my advice would be to save your money and await better times.

heather point

Reaction score
I spent a September week on the Dionard when it was very low two years ago and vowed I would never go back. It was an utterly dispiriting experience casting to the (very occasional) potted salmon. Duncan the gillie is a lovely man, and it must break his heart to see the river so low, but, quite honestly, my advice would be to save your money and await better times.

Unfortunately Donald, you were not lucky enough to see it like this.
100_1897m.jpg or this 100_1909m.jpg
Looking forward to seeing you when the shooting season starts.

heather point

Reaction score
There has been a lot of interest in fishing the Dionard on the Forum in the past and it has been difficult to get a week.
However, things have changed with new owners this year and there MAY be some availability where before there was none.
The letting is now being handled by George Goldsmith in Edinburgh so it might be worth a phone call but remember, it is very much a spate river and needs rain when you are there, not the week before.