Diamond 2 Spey 12’6” 7/8

Hardie82

Reaction score
Snowbee Diamond 2 Spey 12’6” 7/8

Has anyone used this rod? I’m looking for a 12’6 to 13’ rod for a 28-30g line and this model is available at a reasonable price.

Last edited:

tawsalmon

Reaction score
Diamond 2 Spey

Hi, I have the 13' version 8/9# and it's a great rod and casts a sweet line. Snowbee recommends a specific optimum head weight on these rods. On mine it's 36g and I have to say having tried a few lines on it the system works well. Bought mine in a sale a few years back and for the price I paid it was a steal.

Hardie82

Reaction score
Thanks, the few reviews of the 12’6” model say that Snowbee suggest 24g as the recommended head weight but it’s better with a 28 or 30g.

Hardie82

Reaction score
I bought this rod for £140 and took it out today. Snowbee spey rods seem to have a bigger following in North America and a few reviews from US forums suggest the 24g rating isn’t enough and 30g is more realistic.

I took the rod to a local quarry today with a 480 grain airflo rage head. It took me a while before working out that the rod responded better to the Scandi style underhand casting. It’s a nice casting rod for a relatively low price. I have a Rio Outbound Scandi 7/8 on the way so should be a good light setup for next year.

I bought the rod from Devon Angling Centre and the rod was delivered within 48 hours. They also have the Diamond 2 Switch rods on offer for around £125.

Robert

Ben-Macdui

Reaction score
I just added the 13ft to my rod collection on offer at Uttings £169 plus a further 20 quid off today on orders over 150 quid so cracking rod for that cash.

BM

Night Hawk

Reaction score
I just added the 13ft to my rod collection on offer at Uttings £169 plus a further 20 quid off today on orders over 150 quid so cracking rod for that cash.

BM

Thanks for the heads up on Snowbee Diamond rods from Uttings BM. Just ordered the 12'6" #7-8 for £149.00 and made it up to over £150.00 to get the £20 off. Bargain.
Cheers
NH